Disccusion: Beckerhead BK-10 Special (was: Don't you just HATE it when ...)

Damn, I think I'm changing my tune and am considering modding my 10. Anyone that read my chopoffathon review might remember that my BK2 cocobolo scales were bothering me because they just aren't quite heavy duty enough for an ultra heavy duty user, and since the BK10 isn't quite the user the BK2 is imo, that is probably a better home for these fancy scales. And since I'm deviating from the LE scales... why not deviate further?

It'll probably be the 'big' knife I keep at my mountain place, so I'm thinking a good patina is needed to protect it since it may not get used for weeks at a time. Plus the cocobolo scales. Plus liners. Plus I kind of hate the uneven grind on the swedge and would surely like to even that out. Plus I'm not a huge fan of the machining scuffs all over it. Plus... :)

Are there any of these left??
Thanks,
Cole

let me check my closet. yup, got 50 ;)

hell, i dunno. call KaBar in the morning, ask very nicely, and they might produce a couple :>

it's getting close though, soon KaBar will have none. buy now.

Buy Becker :)

I know you are the all knowing Bladite, he who has way too many beckers and all, and I'm sure you know this, but just in case. I mean the special beckerhead group. I don't want to rush to get my number if they are all out, but if there is some left over, I kinda want to hurry up, so I at least have the opportunity to snag one of these... Although I prob. won't be able to anyways.

Thanks,
Cole

I know you are the all knowing Bladite, he who has way too many beckers and all, and I'm sure you know this, but just in case. I mean the special beckerhead group. I don't want to rush to get my number if they are all out, but if there is some left over, I kinda want to hurry up, so I at least have the opportunity to snag one of these... Although I prob. won't be able to anyways. Thanks,
Cole

there was a special price deal for Beckerheads at the time. it no longer that applies. so, take your time on your number; it doesn't matter for just buying one.

now, you just call KaBar, and for $150, you can have one, if they have some left - they should have a few.

Hmmm, thats unfortunate. I didn't realize it was a special price.

Any possibility, that your aware of, that Kabar starts making BK10s? I'd really like one, but 150 is a bit spendy, so is $99, but it had micarta I guess.

Thanks,
Cole

we made REALLY SURE to make people aware the special price was the SPECIAL PRICE. a reward for being a beckerhead dontchaknow.

$150 include micarta ($40ish) and grivory grips, the special one of kind one of a time blade prep, and of course, the knife, with bells and whistles. it is what it is, a glory and special release. you pay for that. it's not a production run. could be spendy compare to some. think of it as a custom. one time deal.

as for the future? they might make more, but don't count on seeing them for a couple years at earliest.

if you're lucky, you could find a camilllus model, for a good price, but well, they're getting rarer, and you will not get the KaBar special treatment, or stamp, or bells and whistles.

they are what they are, and what they are is extinct :)

Thanks very much for the help sir. I didn't take the time to thoroughly read the thread apparently, so I guess I missed the special price part.

Thanks,
Cole

If a BK10 is what you want you should order soon. Once Kabar runs out the price goes up even more.

Mr. Mauser, it is in fact what I want, but I don't think I can fully justify it yet. I don't think I could convince myself at the special price, was hoping it wasn't possible to get one so I didn't have to think about it. I think my BK2 fills anything the 10 could. For now.

Thanks,
Cole

I think my BK2 fills anything the 10 could. For now.

I completely agree. :thumbup:

But you know what really sucks?

Next month a bunch of new becker knives are released. Have you heard about that? Machax... 3 Tweeneers....and a super secret knife they wont tell us any thing about other than its coming and most of us will want one.

The BK10 is a limited run of 180, after Kabar runs out, they are gone. Only on the secondary market. I'm getting ready to buy a couple of more, to help fund my kids future.

Moose

Yeah, I heard about the tweeners, didn't know the machax was coming out though. Looking forward to what the super secret one is.

Moose, no kids, can't use that excuse yet. I couldn't bring myself to have a safequeen anyways.

Back