display rack ideas ?

Anyone know where I might be able to lay my hands on a nice wooden display rack something like this:

balance.jpg

Wouldn't mind if the base was "turned on it's side" so that the whole thing could be wall-mounted, either. I'm not much of a wood worker, so suggestions that I just build it would probably result in some sort of hideous insult both to good wood and the khukuri on it ;) Other rack ideas also welcome... <br>

Cold Steel makes some just like that one for their knives but should hold khukuris.

I have a bucket from Home Depot. :D Not much for display but it keeps everything in one place.

here's an interesting sort of display stand, designed for khukuris actually:

I have one - it's nice, but not very space efficient -

sold by sterlingswords:

on ebay

It was actually a variation on the box that John Powell or Howard Wallace (I forget who) uses. I just modified the container for the new millennium. :D

I've been using old college backpacks, but buckets seem to be the airline safe alternative.:p

I don't know about the bucket idea. I see the potential for a heart-rending tradgedy. "But...I thought you said it was the PUKE bucket..."

If it wasn't so rough on the original owners, I'd think the old English elephant foot umbrella holder would be fitting....

In my humble opinion I try to avoid racks that tend to eat the view of the blade, sword or whatever you want to display.

My preference goes to to transparent acrylic, and one must figure out a display base that is both easy to use and non intrusive.

ExhibitionDesign0.jpg

Here's a example of acrylic used for a jewelry exhibition.

I think simplicity makes wonders.

Just my two cents anyway :p

Regards

I've been looking for a few racks myself, with no luck. So I've settled on this method. Works pretty well and isn't too expensive. Still don't have the courage to display one over my bed:)

wwii2.jpg

Hanuman03.jpg

What kind of finish do you have on that hanuman?

I like the hanging case idea but how easy is it to deploy a khuk from there? :)

(In event of emergency, break glass)

What kind of finish do you have on that hanuman?

If you mean the blade, that's my "extra special get a refection from something" finish. Each one is unique.:) The handle is just sanded and Tru-Oiled. I really can't remember how many sandings and coats I used. I know it wasn't very many. I got what I wanted very quickly and is definitely the best handle I have....so far. I'm still trying to "Walosi" my Chitlangi. That has a beautiful wood...the blade's not too bad itself.:D :D

Just got my PGA 21' GS and it is just fabulous!! To me it's a lot like the Chitlangi, except not quite as fancy and a bit heavier. It will replace my BAS as the in house, in case of emergency device. God I love these things!!:D :D :D :D

Bobrap,
Those look great, but how do you get to handle them? I just stick a couple nails in the wall, wrap a bit of wire around the scabbards and they hang there just fine.

They're just wired to a piece of 3/16th, I think, maybe 1/4", board that's covered with felt and placed in a cheap Wally World frame. When I really get the urge to play touchy-feely, I just take 'em down and re-wire when I'm done. Still trying to think of a "quick disconnect" way of mounting them. I always keep at least one "at hand" so to speak. Thanks for the comments, means a lot coming from you.

Back