display stands for bowies?

That knife has influence FAR and WIDE. Look at my avatar. THAT knife was the example I showed the graphic designer.
Thats awesome. I had not noticed that.

Some of you have seen the knife I have coming. I am being patient since it's done, but I really am excited to get my hands on it.

Here's display stands I have made. The last photo for the two Don Hanson folders are simply two black plastic coated paper clips bent in a particular way.
My thinking on knife stands is that they should safely support the knife and complement it but not be so elaborate that they take attention away from the knife.

large.jpg

xlarge.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Nice stands. What costs more, the stands or the Porfidio?

Well for swords, traditionally they are displayed by sticking them in a golf club bag, to be forgotten and rediscovered decades later at a garage sale. I suppose a bowie knife could be displayed in the large zipper pocket of a golf club bag.

If you don't golf, you could work on your Chandelier O' Knives, which is a display everyone needs. You hang a hoop high up on the ceiling, and then tie your knives around the hoop so they hang point-down. Now you can admire all of the knives at once and they are up out of danger's way. Be sure to use really thin string so as to not break the aesthetics of the display.

Finally built that stand today that prompted this thread. Forged a longhorn skull from a piece of 5/8 round, and incorporated a cast iron element from a 125 year old cemetery gate. The iron cracked as I put in the final rivet, so I got to rebuild some parts. Ended up going with the collars to hold it all together. Mesquite block for the base.

63624783820__7D1C7DA0-7C9B-43A9-A630-2C87BE5DA1AA.fullsizerender.jpg

I sure want to, Kevin, but the person I collaborated with on that knife wants to reveal it at ICCE. I can tell you it has walrus ivory, scrimshaw, 1880-90 cemetery gate, 1877 railroad rail, and a 1871 half dollar. Kind of the end of the cattle drive period, hence the longhorn.

I sure want to, Kevin, but the person I collaborated with on that knife wants to reveal it at ICCE. I can tell you it has walrus ivory, scrimshaw, 1880-90 cemetery gate, 1877 railroad rail, and a 1871 half dollar. Kind of the end of the cattle drive period, hence the longhorn.

Sounds interesting!

Back