DIY edge marking tool . . .

I make them several of different type ...............
1.universal one , for scriber i used HSS steel . Little tricky to scribe but it work .

2. I like this one , for scriber i used broken carbide bits .That will mark edge easy on any hardened steel . I found some topic about this one and someone there don t like it because tool mark only one line .Well NOT if you drill hole for scriber little off center .....Probably this is the only one tool which will work on pre-tapered blank .........

3.Same as number 2 but little more space between rods for really thick steel . Hole is dead center and will mark one line .........which i don t like too :mad:

4. Well , THANKS JTknives JTknives ..................this is the one i was searching for :thumbsup: Easy to make even more easy to use . For scriber I used one carbide tip from circular saw........I think that this one is best from all I was found on net .It will mark line even on my 1.5mm thick 1.2519 steel :p

ktrUOrP.jpg

h0BGy75.jpg

Last edited:
Just loose that small allen screw and move that part with carbide tip....That big round bar is flattened on bottom , can t be seen on picture .............
I guess you rotate it allowing the marking of very thick steel. What a great idea about using an old saw blade.

Yes , put the knife on flat plate and find where you want / height / to scribe and tight that small screw.Can t be simple then that ..................

I was confused at first, but that's extremely clever. I might be using that idea! The calipers aren't cutting it anymore.

Back