DLT Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this has been going on for the last 3 years. There are orders being pushed out to retailers while direct orders get pushed back. I gave up and requested a refund 1.5 months ago but have yet to see anything. Sloppy business practices are one of the things that I have the hardest time with, and I deeply regret getting tangled up on this mess. I expected much better from someone that displays the Eagle Scout badge in their signature as I would have expected them to be trustworthy and morally straight as that would have been what Dan pledged to be at each and every Scout meeting. Things happen, and I get that. When you make an offer for a refund and intentionally don't deliver on that, I have a problem with that hence my comments.

JoeFriday I feel your pain. It is disappointing to see retail orders out there and both you and I and not including others that have been waiting 3 plus years or longer. I ordered in Dec. 2014 and paid in full a few months later. I never emailed or bothered Mr. Koster in anyway up until recently asking for just an update. I still have yet to see my name placed on his list or yet for him to reply by phone or email.

I've been watching this Koster debacle from afar. It reminds me of the disaster that is Survive Knives. I really hate seeing this stuff, especially as I find myself being drawn into situations like this on occasion. Just because you can make a knife doesn't mean you know how to run a business. For some, the two processes should be separated and handled by different people.

I put a 50% deposit on the Master Woodsman from WC Knives in July of 2016. To his credit, William told me it would be 12 months until I saw the knife. In my opinion that's way too long, but I went in knowing that. I haven't heard a single word since then though, so who knows if I will get my knife in the next 3 months. I may be in the same position as the Koster folks before long. Or maybe I will get my knife. Time will tell. It's all a mystery.

One thing is for sure though... I got torched by Survive - and I'm not happy about a 12 month lead time for the WC knife - so this will be my last journey down that rabbit hole. For me, deposit up front + long (or ambiguous) lead time = no sale. You burn, you learn.

Well let me join in, I thought I was the only one and had fallen through a crack. I placed an order with Mr Koster on 9-30-2014 and luckily just paid the deposit of $80, like the man above I never bothered the man, I did email at the one year anniversary to check up, no reply to that, I think I got an email the next year of some sort of list of runs and peoples names, I had some hope and replied to that email, but no response. I believe 3 years is much to long for such a simple knife as I ordered and he proclaims to make it through his portfolio of knives in batches at least a couple times a year. Koster is not even trying to be a good business man, a 3 year wait and no communication and no end in sight, my best guess is I will never hear from him or see my order fulfilled, I would like my eighty dollars back and an apology for wasting my time. Knife forums is making a mistake letting this guy use their site to scam people. Sincerely Gary Pulliam

delphidoc, holy crap I just checked your link after making my post, low and behold there was my desert ironwood handled bushcraft knife. He should not be taking orders from us if all he is going to do is make knives for retailers. let me add this, went back to that link and sent them a contact message asking why they were dealing with a guy who is defrauding people out of deposits on knives from his website and blade forums, HA take that I been "triggered" but I aint running for no safe space! time for some of that online social justice burn it down online screaming stuff.

Last edited:
I said it in another post, but I'll say it again here. A crappy customer experience will catch up with you at some point. The offer of a refund for anyone that asked was a farce and lie at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if our deposits funded orders to retail outlets. I'm thinking if he had the money, he would refund it. It hasn't come, so he doesn't have it.

We had to put our own deposit down for our order and it took 2 years to get these WSS knives. We shouldn't be the bad guy. We paid, we waited, now we have to sell the product. It's unfortunate the way things have turned out but we didn't line jump or count on other peoples money to fund our order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back