DMT Double Sided Diafold?

I.V

I'm looking at maybe getting this in fine/extra fine for when I'm outdoors... Has anyone used those? do they hold up nicely?

My other alternative is to get at couple of their mini stones but they are 70mm in length which is great for the pocket but I fear might be very uncomfortable to use, any thoughts on these?

BTW, I typically don't have a blade longer than 3" with me and the point of the stones is obviously for field touch ups, nothing big.

They are an excellent product.

If you feel that there is a chance that you might need more aggressive sharpening, there is also a Coarse/Fine option which would allow a wider range of sharpening (in case of any dulling or damage to the edge).

Either way, you'll be impressed with how useful these hones are.

They also come in Coarse/Extra-Coarse. I have all three, and I generally carry a X-C/C and a F/X-F in my back pocket. The Fine/Extra-Fine works very well for field sharpening, and will put as fine an edge on a blade as I ever need. The only caveat is, it takes a really long time to fix a nicked or very dull edge on the fine hone.

As for how long they last, if you keep your pressure light and let the abrasives do their job at their own pace, the hones will last basically forever. I have twenty-plus year old diamond hones that work like new, and a few that I have ruined trying to hurry. Too much pressure will cause the diamonds to rock and cut their way out of the nickel matrix used to bond them to the steel baseplate.

I have a bunch and love them. I carry the blue/red (coarse/fine) the most.

Back