do we need a pic thread here?

hi you all. i love Randall knives , do we need a pic thread here ?:D

dingy

What type of pics or members, or pics of members would you like? ;)

Fine, as requested, a pic (of a butt...plate) ;)

Attachments

• Butt-plate.jpg
    Butt-plate.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 25
Sexy...for my new friend from China :cool:

Attachments

• 1_TCS_SSNSMSDIW.jpg
    1_TCS_SSNSMSDIW.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 39
Desert Ironwood, iss a preetty knife...I think I've got all the currently available dealer specials again except for a Bowles Skinner and a Nordic Bowie (on order) - sold off all the RKS club knives and most of the miniatures recently though, picking up another matched 4" & 5" Gambler set in the process.

Will this madness ever end? :eek:

That is hands-down the nicest piece of ironwood I've ever seen.

Since you brought it up, what's your opinion of the Gambler (and particularly the 4" versus the 5"). I know Rick likes the 5" better, and he ought to know, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

End? Geez, I just keep getting in deeper and deeper. I don't think so.

What do I think about the two sizes? They're completely different knives, to me, alike in name only - think 12-9 Sportsman's Bowie vs. #12-6 Little Bear Bowie...they're that different.

Personally, I like the smaller version - almost like a #2-4 w/reduced hilt, or #24, just without the full-length sharpened second blade edge (you knew that part, I'm just esplainin' why 'I' like it)...so for me, smaller is betta...

I've got some way cool small gamblers - I'll have to get around to taking pics of 'em someday...:cool:

C&R, ya might agree that in part the difference isn't just the size, but the thicker steel type used as well - 3/16" vs 1/4" makes a huge difference in weight, probably close to two to one... :eek:

In the meantime, this ought to keep you out of trouble for a while:
http://www.knifetalkforums.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=40328

I spent the better part of last night looking at all those pictures. You are an evil influence, the dark sith is an appropriate avatar :D.

Really appreciate the link though, I have a better grasp on the options now. thanks for the link. I even found a side by side picture of a #14 and a 12-9, 14 grind, I wish it were bigger but i found the picture.

Lots of nice knives, lots of very useful information. But yeah, it's trouble with a capital "T."

Sorry Ron, I went fishing today, driving most of the 102 miles around Hungry Horse reservoir looking for and dropping a line in some prime fishing holes - glad you found something you could use... :thumbup:

Sorry Ron, I went fishing today, driving most of the 102 miles around Hungry Horse reservoir looking for and dropping a line in some prime fishing holes - glad you found something you could use... :thumbup:

No sorry necessary thank you. I have learned to be patient, it comes with the desire for Randall knives. If you have another photo available I would appreciate it. The one I found looking over Samael's link isn't really a great photo.

I have a good idea at least. Thank you.

Back