Do you have a CPK Kephart? A BK62? The sheaths are compatible.

Hey all,
Not sure if this has been brought up before so I thought I'd mention it and post some pics (of course). The other day I wondered if the BK62 would fit the CPK Kephart standard kydex sheath. Sure enough it does! Almost as if it was designed to do so! Just like the CPK, the BK62 fits perfectly with no rattle. Now, I do have Ka-Bar micarta scales on my 62 but from my experience there is no difference in size between them and the stock wood. The scales between the two Kepharts are executed differently because the 62 has a tapered tang, but they are both near exact the same width. I'm assuming the CPK would fit in the stock leather sheath of the BK62 because of this, but I don't have one on hand to try. Perhaps someone who does can give it a shot and report back? I'm also going to post this in the Becker forums in case those who frequent there but not here can be in the know! What prompted this is a recent thread in GKD where a fellow was looking for an all around fixed blade and ended up with a CPK Kephart but was also considering a BK62, and still needed a second knife. Sheath comparability seems like a heck of a bonus and reason to buy both to me!

These two make a marvelous pair!

iyARK8Ih.jpg

s8FzeyHh.jpg

wSACTQNh.jpg

aL6KjIqh.jpg

craytab craytab - Thanks for this ! Can the BK62 leather sheath be bought seperately ?

Roland.
Not that I can tell. The Ka-bar website is the best source for these sort of things new, and they don't list one. Now, there are people out there like me who ditched the leather sheath for kydex and sell/give them away. Check the bay and maybe ask around the Becker sub.

DsPsHx5h.jpg

Back