Do you heart Persian blades?

I have a fondness for Persian-style blades and will be keeping my eye out for them at the Blade show. In my collection I have an Emerson Tactical Persian (extremely sharp folder), an Alan Folts Tactical Persian (well-traveled fixed blade), and an Al Mar Shrike (extremely sharp pseudo-Persian folder). What do you have? Who are your favorite makers of Persian-bladed knives?

To be honest, I don't think I own a single blade which I would consider a persian. I have been thinking about the Shrike, but I think that a SERE2K would have to be first. Do you think that they offer much in the way of utility or do you think that they are a big specialized?
Matt

If you mean a curved upswept blade with a high point (sometimes called a moose skinner ???), I have an old Othelo fixed blade, integral blade-guard-tang-pommel with pinned wood slabs, pretty nice looking though I find it a bit akward to use.

Edited to comment:

Moose skinner ??? I guess I ment bufallo skinner.

What about custom Persians?

attachment.php

What about custom Persians?
Now that's a knife. Man, if my wife catches me looking at that I'll be in big trouble.

Here ya go Rev., Pete, the real thing
Who would have thought that a Persian knife would look just like a Bowie! Next you'll be telling me Chinese fortune cookies didn't originate in China! :D

I think this one counts...

jambiya.jpg

A dear friend of mine bought this for me while in Saudi Arabia for Desert Shield. (She was the Flight Director in charge of an AWACS aircraft.) She got a local Saudi officer to take her to one of the places where actual natives buy their knives to make sure that she ended up with an authentic "user" and not a tourist trinket. I doubt the steel is anything fancy, but this thing really can cut!

--Bob Q

have 3 "persian" styles, a EKI P-Tac, a nealy pesh kebz, and a spyderco shabaria.

greg

Back