Do you pass the test?

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I consider these 3 books as Foundation Material for learning Bushcraft and Survival techniques.

How many of you have read all 3 books?

http://kosterknives.com/2013/01/07/if-you-are-new-to-bushcraft/

517YM5T11SL._SS500_.jpg

51QhXymQ11L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

514FE3iGdhL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Dan
KosterKnives.com
www.facebook.com/kosterknives

All good books. For me Bushcraft is the best one:thumbup:

I have this book...my one complaint is that all the pics are drawings...bush craft is so much easier to get down when they show real photography. There is a great book called Extreme Survival. It isnt a bushcraft book but it has a section on fire drills, shelters and such and the book has pictures of real sticks and cuts in the wood that give you such a great idea of real applications. Now this book has only about a 10th of the info involving bush craft as Bushcraft does, but my point is that I find these pics to be much more helpful in applying the techniques. just saying.

That's a great point of view on the book, Cappy2cap. Well said.

I read the Mors Kochanski book. Another good one but mostly for beginners is Don't Die on the Mountain by Dan H. Allen. I met Mr. Allen while hiking around a time a couple died in the white Mountains and as we talked about what happened he mentioned his book while giving some insights on the causes for the loss of lives. I'm not sure if is still on print and I gave it to my son when he moved to Alberta Canada

Another book some may be interested in by Mors is called "Northern Bushcraft", not sure how it fits in with the one Dan posted above.. maybe its older?

I'll definitely have to check it out - thanks!
Dan

Bushcraft is the rebranded edition of.northern bushcraft, I guess it wasn't selling in the south. I've read all 3 Dan.

Back