Do You Remember This Knife?

:eek: oh boy that is a pretty knife! Now I am starting to reconsider stag! Maybe I should check if a BF knife '14 is still available...

EricProto1_zps0bafb7db.jpg

What a beauty!

Great stag, and Frank's carbide advocacy has subliminally pushed me to want a knife in 440C or 14-4.

"Frank's Carbide Advocacy."

There's a band name in there somewhere. :p

~ P.

Charlie, you're such a tease. That is the knife I had so fervently hoped would be the Forum knife this year. Sigh.

Charlie, you're such a tease. That is the knife I had so fervently hoped would be the Forum knife this year. Sigh.

+1 That was my hope also. If Canal Street does make it, I'll be adding one to my stable.

Would someone explain Frank's Carbide Advocacy please. I have missed something interesting!

Me too, I was gutted it lost out. I still maintain that the masses couldn't handle the thought of a non-GEC.

+1 That was my hope also. If Canal Street does make it, I'll be adding one to my stable.

Me too, I was gutted it lost out. I still maintain that the masses couldn't handle the thought of a non-GEC.

Me too (and it wasn't hard at all to recognize this knife from the very first picture of this thread).
I might as well have been the first to wish for a regular bolster version based on CSC Barlow frame when the 2014 BF knife was being discussed. So now, if Canal Street is willing to produce a 14-4 version with chestnut handles, I won't stop them... :rolleyes:

Fausto
:cool:

Last edited:
Well, I won't tease you any longer!
I had a chat with John Lloyd, and suggested we do a joint venture, and get it done!
And we did! My good old friend Eric cutlered and hafted 100 of these in stainless, for you guys who always get outvoted! And anyone else who is interested.
Please do not email me!! Another email might put me in the looney bin.
Give me until Wednesday, and I will put ordering info right here in this thread.

Well, I won't tease you any longer!
I had a chat with John Lloyd, and suggested we do a joint venture, and get it done!
And we did! My good old friend Eric cutlered and hafted 100 of these in stainless, for you guys who always get outvoted! And anyone else who is interested.

:eek:

What a tremendous thing to do.

~ P.

(Let us know how that "Don't email me" thing works out. ;))

Charlie,
that's great news! I guess you (or Eric) will have to give us more details on the project, which steel (440C or 14-4), stag only, order details, and so on... :rolleyes:
Still wish for a chestnut version though :eek:

Fausto
:cool:

Last edited:
Good on ya, Charlie! I lobbied hard for this one. Glad to see it come to fruition. Will this be in 14-4? I have a CSC Half-Moon Trapper in 14-4, and their Coppersmith Barlow in 14-4. It's really good stuff, and has a great heat treat. Heck, I'd buy this with different covers, and different steels. 1095, D2, 14-4 would all delight me! :)

Yes! This is the knife I voted for! Hope to get in on the lucky 100. Thanks Charlie, John and Eric!!!!!!

Man I wish my knife budget would allow for this one. If it goes into production in their regular line up I will get one as funds allow. I will keep my eye on this one.

Chris

Back