Do you use your automatic knives?

Lesknife

From SW Kansas prairie lands born in No Mans Land.
Gold Member
I’m talking about regular to heavy use outdoors and such.

I have a 110 auto elite that I have used in light duty around the house but I’m reluctant to take it out in the field to use like my other 110s. The main reason is that if something were to happen that requires warranty work and sending it back would it be troublesome or possible without a lot of jumping though hoops and legality ? I like it, it’s a great knife I’d like to put to work and I hate to leave it at home all the time. I’m sure it’s able to take the rugged use and perform as well as any 110 but there’s always the possibility I make a mistake and damage it and that would be my fault not the knife.

Have any of you guys had any experience with this topic and how did it go? Thanks in advance for your feedback. Les

no not hard and heavy. just normal and light cutting, breaking down boxes, cutting straps things of that nature, sure have.

pretty sure youd have to find a local Buck dealer and get them to return it for you and recieve the replacement or repaired one for you. that would be legal as I understand it. you could call Buck and ask though to be sure sure. couldnt hurt to hear it from the horses mouth.

I bought the auto 112 when they first came out but but gave it to my son Richard because it was not marked or odd in any way..But I'm having givers remorse lol! I'm seriously considering getting another one or even the 110 version. I lost the use of my left arm (100%SC) and in the last year I've had carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand. So it's natural I should use one. Did Buck make any 110 auto with a drop point blade? I know there's no 112 version and if Buck did that's what I'll try to find. Especially if there's one in S30V or S35VN..

I should have included the question if anyone has had to send their auto in for warranty or anything requiring shipping. I’m sure there’s some dealers that could handle it but out in this part of the country it’s 100+ miles to any Buck authorized dealer and the closest are out of state.

You can mail it to a dealer just like they can mail it to you. I would also think you could mail it to Buck. They just can't mail an auto to you.

I should have included the question if anyone has had to send their auto in for warranty or anything requiring shipping. I’m sure there’s some dealers that could handle it but out in this part of the country it’s 100+ miles to any Buck authorized dealer and the closest are out of state.

maybe check your local gun shops, they may be a dealer and sell a few Buck knives?

If I had one, I would use it.
Same for any knife: "What's the point of having it, if you don't use it?" :confused: o_O :)
Yes that’s my opinion as well. That’s why it’s bugging me. I have thought of some ways that I could get it in for warranty but I won’t mention it here. Lol

I quit using mine after I got into something that gummed it up and I had to clean and oil it well to get it to operate properly.
I don't even remember what it was, but now it pretty much sits in the drawer...

I'm sure any dealer you purchase the knife from would assist in any warranty work if it was ever needed.

I think it's a great knife and I don't regret purchasing it, but I doubt I would ever buy another.

I know the traditional old faithful will work whatever it gets into..... and I can put it in my pocket if I want.

No I don’t use mine. It’s a novelty to me.

I can open the 110 1 handed fast enough for me.

It kind of bothers me that the button doesn’t unlock the blade too like other switch blades. But it always locks open without fail unlike the others. So it’s definitely a better system. But I can’t get used to it.

In the end it’s marginally faster to deploy but slower to close and put away.

Last edited:
Most sticky, dirty autos can be fixed by a water/soap scrub, blow out with wd40 and the lube recommended by the manufacturer. An auto is no fun in a drawer :)

I'm in Nova Scotia so no chance I can ship my 110 auto back for anything and expect to ever see it again,even with all the proper labels and channels followed,when it hits our customs again it'll be swallowed in red tape.

I knew this when I bought it,and although I've never used it for any hard uses,I got it mostly for playing with,I would guess I've fired mine at least 10,000 times while watching tv lol.

Back