Does anybody have a picture of a PJ Tomes model #1.

If you have a picture of a PJ Tomes model #1, could you please send it to me. Thanks, Big D1

I know there is a knife nut, like myself, running around in here some where with a picture of a PJ Tomes Model #1. Give it up please!!!
Big D1

Handled one today, will have to see if I can post decent pics later. In brief, model 1 is a really slick sub-three inch lock-back folder. PJ makes it in jigged bone (awesome amber stag look-alike) and Sandvik 12C27 steel for $250 and another with 52100 blade steel and genuine stag scales going for almost $500. That is a great little knife for the money that should make an outstanding worker and is very sheeple friendly with traditional looks. Drop-point blade, great grinds (flat), and PJ's usual outstanding fit, finish, and walk and talk. I want one, but was tempted more by its big brother, a 3.5 inch blade Reminton Bullet copy. I will post pics later on the number one.

Para

Transferred to The Gallery.

Nope PhilL. It is bigger than the top knife at Mr. Levine's site. And since this thread is now in the Gallery (for shame), I will mention that Mr. Levines prices are significantly more than PJ's. ;) The second pic down is of a knife of the design for which PJ won the 2001 Blade Show most innovative folder award, the two bladed single lockback (I forget what PJ calls that one). The model 1 is a newer design (funny name) that looks a lot like a smaller version of the Remington folder, but with a single drop/spear point blade. Pic coming up.

Here is the pic of Tomes model 1. It is next on my list of knives to order from PJ. I like the cost/utility balance of using sandvik 12C27 steel and this new amazing stag look alike amber jigged bone. At $250, you get a knife from one of the long-time ABS Mastersmiths, with outstanding fit and walk-and-talk. Anyone considering paying this much for a even smaller, and less 'custom' knife such as a William Henry ought to give PJ's traditional small folder designs serious condsideration.

Para

Paracelsus, thanks for the picture of the model #1. I spoke with PJ a couple of weeks ago, and he said that he was out of pictures of the model #1. We talked, and he recommended the model #1. I ordered mine with the brown jigged bone and 52100 for a total of $300. It costs $50 extra for the 52100 steel. After seeing the amber jig bone, I may have to change my mind!! Big D1

Where's the clip?? The thumbstud!!!...:D ;)

I like it,amazing how ones taste change..Few years back I never would have given such a knife a second look...

Duck, PJ makes another folding knife style with titanium scales and a 3.25 inch sandvik blade, front lock-back, with an opening oval, clip, and total weight about 1 oz for even less money than the model 1 shown above. :)

(I took that pic at the Chesapeake show last weekend).

Para

Duck, I will have to agree with your changing tastes statement. My tastes have also changed over the years. As a matter of fact, just yesterday I ordered an Old Timer model #34OT, the Middleman with three blades and good ole carbon steel.

I think it has been mentioned before, but I would like to say it again. PJ told me that he is standarizing all of his knives. He told me the reason behind this was so that he could make a knife for the average working man for a reasonable price. Big D1

Back