Does anyone actually carry and use 92mm and 111mm victorinox with wooden scales???

I had some problem with wooden scales on my 111mm forester.Does anyone actually carry these factory scales and use these knives everyday for normal tasks?Are they durable at all?I know few pple that got their own aftermarket wooden scales with stabilized wood and have no problems.How are the factory ones in real world use?They are pretty to look at and have nice feel in hand,what about durability and strength?

I've carried and used an Evowood model off and on at work and never had any issues with the scales. Pretty I even dropped it once or twice on concrete without any problems.

I've carried and used an Evowood model off and on at work and never had any issues with the scales. Pretty I even dropped it once or twice on concrete without any problems.
Im sure i got the one with bad scales,proper wood doesnt break like this,looks beautiful but minor drop on wood floor breaks it,knife is never used,brand new.

Cellidor 92 (Huntsman) for 20 plus years, and Nylon(?) 111 (Hercules).
Never had one with wood. They are out of my budget.

Also had a cellidor 58 Signature on my keyring for over 20 years.
I replaced the Signature with a celidor Mini Champ a couple years ago.

I've never had a cover break or fall off.
Huntsman has been dropped on concrete/blacktop, marble and granite floor tiles, and paving stones/blocks.. Also on dirt and sand.

Last edited:
Back