Does anyone actually USE their Busse knives?

Oops! I did it again (another brew) and used my Busse as a bottle opener (bad habit)...:D

4clv61Hl.jpg

Got out to do a bunch of chopping for the first time in over a month today. Man it felt good! :thumbup: :D

The BP continues to shine. Bites really, really well since I knocked the edge bevel back to 15° per side.

eim5vk.jpg

I worked out my DTBM for a while as well. Didn't snap any pics of it today, but here's a repost of her as a reference:

2ln8r48.jpg

Most of the mods I've done on the DT are fantastic, but I was trying it out with a paracord d-guard for the first time and it's going to come off. I made it a bit too tight for gloves, it limited the ability to adjust my grip a little, and it eats up some usable handle space on both ends as I wove it inside the talons. I may try one on the Parang instead and see if I like that any better.

Anyone else been beating on their Op2Wks blades? Nice that it's not so damn hot out anymore lol.

Get a satin Custom Shop job all dirty by using it? Of course not!
IMG_2787.jpg

And certainly not by using it in a muddy jungle during a downpour.
IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

Andy I have to ask, I hate to be sick, but how hard did you have to stab to get that knife to penetrate?!?:eek:

I can see some custom sheaths now, or maybe a pair of boots, and maybe a wallet.
I'll assume no Busse was harmed or injured in the making for this picture.
.... hard to say mate...if I have some off cuts when they process the skins for me (I had him split down the sides so I have a 1x complete top and 1x complete belly skin) into hangings/shelf top we shall see, hopefully elof_alv will get a commission job ;)

Mmmm, Nile Crocodile...
...fixed it fo ryou mate ... ;)

Andy I have to ask, I hate to be sick, but how hard did you have to stab to get that knife to penetrate?!?:eek:
.....when you are rolling in the blood filled water....in a fight for your life.....knowing you have but one opportunity to save yourself from being torn to shreds...then it truly felt like sinking a blade into warm butter.... ;) :)

Now Andy.....tell the truth...haha I know you would be much smarter than to let that thing get close enough to you with just a BATAC in your hand! Not that I am doubting the Busse knife by any means:D

...fixed it fo ryou mate ... ;)

Thx! I didn't appreciate the scale on my phone earlier.

I can't even begin to imagine myself trying to take on a freakin crocodile. :eek:

This is totally badass :thumbup::

.....when you are rolling in the blood filled water....in a fight for your life.....knowing you have but one opportunity to save yourself from being torn to shreds...then it truly felt like sinking a blade into warm butter.... ;) :)

OK...so I softened it up with the .375H&H a little... ;)

If you look about 2 inches back from the eye you can see the entrance wound. The projectile passing through popped the top of the head right on out... ;)

Croc hunting is so cool!

I feel like at any second, Mick Dundee is going to pop up from underneath that crock and kill a few Colombian drug lords.

Sorry if that is insensitive to Australians, but we Americans love us some Mick Dundee!

Croc hunting is so cool!

I feel like at any second, Mick Dundee is going to pop up from underneath that crock and kill a few Colombian drug lords.

Sorry if that is insensitive to Australians, but we Americans love us some Mick Dundee!

My American pride has always been a bit jealous of Australia because they get to lay claim to AC/DC.

Back