Does anyone collect fillet knives?

I don't collect fillet knives yet, but there is something about them I find interesting.

It's hard to describe what I really find interesting in them, but I'm alway's searching ebay for them and when I'm in the stores looking at fishing tackle I always have to check out the fillet knives. Even the cheap ones :)

Maybe I just like cutting up fish :D
My dad just gave me a cordless electric fillet knife for my birthday. I'm going to give it a try, but I don't think it will be the same as using a reg. fillet knife.

Anyway, who has a collection of fillet knives?
Do you collect any and all fillet knives or special ones?

Thanks,

Hello - here is a picture of the fish filet knife I finished for the BAKCA 24th Annual Knife Show (August 16-17 '03. It will be raffled off at the hourly raffle or given away as the daily door prize. The 420V 8 1/4" blade is hardened to 62HRC and cryogenically processed. The bolsters are 416SS and the stick handle is black rag micarta. I hope you enjoy the picture and I hope you come to the show in August. :) sorry missed the picture

Hello - here is a picture of the fish filet knife I finished for the BAKCA 24th Annual Knife Show (August 16-17 '03. It will be raffled off at the hourly raffle or given away as the daily door prize. The 420V 8 1/4" blade is hardened to 62HRC and cryogenically processed. The bolsters are 416SS and the stick handle is black rag micarta. I hope you enjoy the picture and I hope you come to the show in August.

Attachments

• mvc-019s.jpg
    mvc-019s.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 60
pahl:

When you have nice mess of fish to clean, an electic knife is a wonderful thing. I appreciate a nice sharp fillet knife as much as anyone, but an electric is just the thing to make the first cut down the spine through the rig cage. The good news is that it is no good to slice between the meat and the skin, so I still get to use a fillet knife for that part of the operation. If I only have a couple of fish I usually don't bother getting the elecric out, but if there is a nice stringer full, then it is a great thing.

jphknives,
Very nice knife. I would love to try it out :)

knzn,
I tried out the electric fillet knife tonight. It works much better then I thought it would.
It cut scales and bone very easily.

I can see were it will make quick work out of a mess of fish. Which will be nice this summer.

I don't mind cleaning fish at all. You might even say I enjoy cutting them up. :D

But when it's the middle of the summer, it's late, hot and the bugs are eating you alive well you have a mess of fish to clean the fast you can get the job done the better. :)

:) Hello pahl
You can see the knives at the BAKCA 24th Annual Knife Show (August 16-17 '03) Or you can order one from me. You can e-mail me for pricing on a basic knife. Some "bladeforumians" own my knives. Or, look at my website at http://www.knifecorner.com/jpholmes :)

Back