Does anyone EDC a multi tool?

My EDC is a Charge Ti! as far as Multi tools go. Always got to have one on me, I have two of them, one for work and for for off duty.

Hello Everyone,

I've been a lurker here for some time now. Great forum and good discussions. =)

I EDC a Swisstool Plus in leather sheath since 2002, and find it a very impressive tool in many respects. Previous to it, I EDCed a Gerber Multi-Plier 650 Deluxe for another year or so, as a replacement for my original, palm-pinching, black Gerber MT pliers (which I gave away). On the Leatherman side of things, I have also EDCed (at one time or another) a Sideclip, graduated to a PST and then eventually to original Wave (which I now gave to my wife, along with a Micra) and then to SuperTool. I still carry my Supertool in leiu of my Swisstool when situations warrant.

During my days in college, I usually EDCed SAK "knock-offs" (yeah, I was also a MacGyver fan then) which were very cheap and not well made. I learned the hard way that I couldn't depend on tools like those.

=)

I carry either the Victorinox Pioneer Harvester or the Vic Fieldmaster everyday.

Allen.

I always carry a SAK in my pocket and a multitool (either PST-II or Spirit) in my pack.

When I'm not at work, I edc a Leatherman Wave (the original style). At work, I have the Swiss-Tech Utili-Key on my key chain and a SAK in my briefcase.

If i leave the house i am not fully dressed if my Charge TI is not clipped in my pocket.

Swisstool Spirit in the original brown leather sheath since it came out to the market, pure quality.

As of today I now EDC a Leatherman Surge!!!! I love this one more than any other Leatherman I have ever had. Now I want to buy another one for backup.

RickJ said:
As of today I now EDC a Leatherman Surge!!!! I love this one more than any other Leatherman I have ever had. Now I want to buy another one for backup.

Okay, I'll bite. Why is the Surge such a great multitool?

cardimon said:
Okay, I'll bite. Why is the Surge such a great multitool?

Size matters! The Surge is much beefier than any multitool I've ever owned or seen. All locking implements, scissors accessible without opening the pliers, blade changer, an awl, two bit drivers...the list goes on and on. Plus, it doubles as a hammer. :D

Hey Raxis
I like the format of your EDC man i wanna copy that for mine as well. now i just gotta find me the materials...
marcus

I have one, no they don't lock. It is meant to be a replacement for the sideclip. I liked the sideclip's size and tools a little better, but I prefer the Fuses pliers. I would say it is the equivalent to a SAK Tinker or maybe Mechanic. Great if you just want the basics: knife, screwdrivers, can/bottle opener, and pliers.

SOG Powerlock in CountyComm belt sheath daily. The only time I don't have it is when I go somewhere dressy or fancy, (not very often). I keep feeling for it even then.

Back