Does anyone have a provenance saved for their khuks?

In light of the scarcity of history of old khuks, and the conjecture which accompanys the various vintage/antique blades which have been or are found, has anyone set up an archive of the type, date of purchase, history of use, and social climate at the time of purchase/use for their collections? Maybe some personal information on the current owner could be included.

I keep thinking about the ICEMAN and his gear, and that perhaps someday we will be the subjects of conjecture and archeological investigation, as will our tools. Be kind of neat to have documentation laid out for future cultures. (yes, I know there is an implicit presumption that there WILL be future cultures, but...gimme a break here.)

The John Powells of the future would sure appreciate it.

Kis
Enjoy every sandwich.

(edit: Beneath the buttplate of all of my long guns, I've inserted a card with my name, town, date of purchase, price of purchase, use/intended use, my age and what I did to the gun. Someday, someone will look in there and have a sense of the gun's history.)

On my computer there is e-mail for all except the first one I bought.

Have I fished those e-mails out from the rest, or kept track of hamdle mods, etc?

Nope.

I guess they're all in my checkbook records too.

Really, it enough to try and keep track of the utility bills and such.

What fun would it be if we just told them about the knife (tool). We have to give the future some thing to wonder about.

archeologist 1 "You see this engraving by the bolster?"
archeologist 2 "Yes, it looks like ancient indian, or nepali." (guessing they are similar)
1 "That means that the owner must have traveled great distances, or the knife is actually much older than we originally thought."
2 "Or we don't give them enough credit."

A long time ago, my brother put a little note inside a plastic model he was building. It read, "What are you looking for?"

:D

thats funny.
when my brother was a teenager, he built this little wooden tank and painted it in camo.
We never saw it again.

I've saved the emails or the html. from the page where I bought the item. I've tried to download the jpegs were possible and saved them to a file with the dollar amount attached. Figure each file would have a creation date in the properties catagory. Otherwise, I've got a little notebook I started when I was like 16yoa with militaria I purchased. Doesn't have the dates but I look back at some of the prices and wish I had more money and more knowledge back when.......but then again hind sight is 20/20 and everyone looks pretty at 2 AM :)

fenryr said:
Doesn't have the dates but I look back at some of the prices and wish I had more money and more knowledge back when.
Yea, you got that right! When I was in my teens you could buy all the British Commando Knives, Italian Stilleto Switchblades, had to be 21 and get fingerprinted for them though, German Hunting Knives with the hair on deer's foot cheap. The Brit knife went for 3 bucks back then. The Italian jobbers ran from about 15 bucks up to 25 bucks depending on whether you got a 4 inch blade or the giant 6 inch blade.
The little German knives were around three dollars as well.:rolleyes: :(

Back