Does anyone have a reate tempest they can give information on?

I've been in love with the reate/liong mah tempest for a few days now, but I wanted to do some research before I buy one... I don't think I'm allowed to buy or sell on here(?) I don't exactly know how that works, so I'm going to stay away from that stuff. So all I will ask for is a simple pros/cons list for the tempest, by those who own one, and how it compares with other similarly priced knives. Thanks guys!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I've been in love with the reate/liong mah tempest for a few days now, but I wanted to do some research before I buy one... I don't think I'm allowed to buy or sell on here(?) I don't exactly know how that works, so I'm going to stay away from that stuff. So all I will ask for is a simple pros/cons list for the tempest, by those who own one, and how it compares with other similarly priced knives. Thanks guys!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;_5pSayRCbyQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5pSayRCbyQ[/video]

I don't have a Tempest but I have a Liong Mah Remedy and Warrior One and they're both excellent knives. Perfect construction, great flippers...typical Reate perfection. The Remedy has a very similar grip to the Tempest, and it feels great in hand (to me). I have several Reates and all are excellent knives. As the price has crept up, along with the popularity of the brand, they don't offer the same value as they once did. I still think they beat the quality of many competing brands but once you break the $400 barrier, as Reate is doing, you start to get into the range of a semi-custom mid-tech like Olamic or ADV. Reate doesn't compete as well against brands that offer custom services.

I think CRKT is coming out with a version of the Liong Mah Remedy. That might give you a cheaper option to at least make sure you like the ergos before you take the plunge on a Reate version.

At your membership level you can't sell here, but you can buy on the exchange. That might be the best place to look for one because they tend to discount a bit on the secondary market.

Back