Does anyone know a story of this damaged Busse SAR 4?

Found this picture online.
It looks like someone was doing edge-on-edge beating.
Does anyone know the full story?

bussesar4damaged.jpg

Looks like somebody got a big chopper and just went to town on that edge,

this is the first time I've seen the pic too

The horror, the horror!! Such carnage :barf:

nuclear SAR4 :D

Seriously though, it looks like an awful attempt to add serrations...

Well, It is my first attempt at serrations.

Did not turn out as well as expected....that is all.

Next time it will be awesome.

On a side note, my attempt at making a folder did not turn out so well either.

IMG_3380.jpg

some one seriously jacked that one up.

Why do I suspect some one posted that pic, and said........look how much better my XXXXX brand knife is. Did all this damage without out hurting the other XXXXXbrand knives edge.

A while ago, some dude posted some pics of chopped up cinderblocks. He then showed a Busse with some edge damage. Then he posted a pic of another brand knife (I think a randal) with a pristine edge, and said......This knife chopped all these other cinderblocks without suffering a single scratch. (the photo was an unused looking Randal).

Of course, he posted no actual pictures or video's of the chopping.

Who knows, maybe some one got in a sword vs knife fight with a ninja!

DISCLAIMER!!!!!!! THE ABOVE PICTURED BWM WAS NOT BROKEN IN USE........IT WAS SHOT WITH A .50 CAL BMG WITH ARMOR PIERCING AMMO ON THE FLAT OF THE BLADE. I JUST HAPPENED TO GET IT AS PART OF A PACKAGE DEAL ON ANOTHER KNIFE I WANTED, AND THOUGH IT MIGHT EVENTUALLY MAKE A DECENT PIECE OF INFI FOR A FOLDER.

That is all. Had another member email me in a panic wondering what I had done to it to break it.

Last edited:
Looks like edge-on-edge testing, which Jerry has posted some very interesting thoughts on, basically explaining that steel composition and hardness have next to no affect on such tests compared to edge geometry. An obtuse edge will pound into a thinner edge with little regard to hardness and steel.

...and it sure looks like an obtuse edge was pounded into that. Heck it might have been a flat blade screwdriver.

It looks like it mushed steel out of the way more than chipping it out. Just steel it out real good...;)

Sweet knife they should send it to me and I'll have it back to life a 1/2" shorter in a Jiffy....

What?

Yeah I said Jiffy.

OK either way.... Id like to try and slap the stupid off that person for treating a knife that way

I'd say someone took it to a band-saw.

What a waste :thumbdn:

My BAII had a similar looking edge when I used it to free my chain saw from the log it was stuck in. I hit the chain repeatedly. Don't recommend it.

GregB
BaconBeavers
MUG

I don't know if a sane man could do that to such a nice LE. Looks more like the wrath/revenge of an angry lady for maxing out the CC on infi or worse. I need a minute:barf:

Back