Does anyone make a modern "trench knife"

I am an US Infantry veteran and Infantry history buff, and I also wanted an a modern, useable high quality trench style knife that Grunts have carried and still do to this day, but overtime I reach out to a maker, they are no longer making them. Any info or leads would be great! Thank you.

Ontario makes them, in Franklinville NY and they sell for $53. I have heard that they are authentic reproductions, but personally I wouldn’t know.

By trench knife do you specifically mean the full-guard knuckle duster knife? Ben Tendick is making M3 fighting knife replicas. Boker makes one as well.

Spartan blades still offers their version that was done with Les George....

I don't think its fair to say that Busse makes them. They might do a one-off for well over $1000, but you won't find them listed as available in the stuff they currently make and sell dozens of. They haven't done the Argonne Assault in batches for years. They only place you'll really see them is the rare aftermarket sale.

Probably be able to help once my cnc programmer gets here.

+1 on the cold steel chaos series, they're not traditional looking, but they have several blade styles to choose from

In the actual 1918 style, Les George is the only one doing them, on a limited high quality basis. Many guys wait to find a good old handle, or one of the decent Japanese or Taiwanese castings from the 70's - 80's, and have it rebladed.

Atlanta Cutlery offers these high end Indian ones - http://www.atlantacutlery.com/1918-us-knuckle-duster-trench-knife .

I've only seen a few reviews and they were positive, but it was only a few.

Jim Behring (Treeman Knives) makes D-guard fighters. All his knives are beautifully made:

0013595_ultra-phalanx-75-w-d-guard.jpeg

Back