Does anyone make a traditional style - in an auto?

Hal

I've seen some 100 year old traditional knives in a collection that were autos.
I don't recall seeing a whole lot of modern versions - in a traditional style.

Are there any?

I think Latama is producing Italian style autos currently. I'm not sure if anyone is doing them in the style of Presto, Flylock, etc.

I think the AGA Campolin Diana looks like a traditional auto. Not sure if I can post it here but to me it looks traditional and it's made the old way too.

Hubertus, in Solingen, makes traditional German lever style "springers". There is also an interesting history page there (which Bill DeShivs helped translate to English).

There are some more recent GEC made Schrade autos which are lovely.

I've seen a few Case lockbacks converted to Dual Action autos with the shield as the button...really nifty but not cheap by any measure.

Sorry:oops:...if you need help finding them drop me a PM;) (fair warning, they're about 10x the cost of a stock Case:eek:)

That's not in the cards right now, but once we get to spring/summer and I get busy again that might be something I do.

I want a Press Button Knife Co reproduction in a very bad way. Even if I could find an affordable original I'd be too tempted to carry it..

OP, Google ‘Hubertus Camper’
Very close - but - the old Schrade (Walden) is more what I had in mind.
I'd love to have one - made with one of the better stainless steels of today, but, not the super stuff -

I'd love to see something like that offered - around $100 or less too since, it is after all a switchblade & it's a sure bet it would be gone if discovered by the law.

That's the problem with a lot of the antiques - they are just too valuable to risk losing.

Very close - but - the old Schrade (Walden) is more what I had in mind.

Nice! Isn’t it amazing that with the incredible variety of autos now available that no one has remade copies of these? I live in PA where switches are legal to own but not carry or make etc..

I’ve often wished we could get that changed so that Case would be able to make automatics.

Back