Does anyone make long handles for CS hawks?

I have a norse hawk I want to put a 30 inch handle on. Natural wood. I'm open to suggestions

i'm in the middle of trying something out!!!!

i have a replacement handle for a LEE VALLEY gutter adze, that i'm reshaping to fit my CS hawk. I think its a few inches longer than 30" but should be around that size wheni reshape it to fit:

here is the gutter adze, you can see the handle shape, has a nice curve to it:

64u0410s1b.jpg

the bonus is the replacement handle is maple, and only $16 CDN $$$

I'll definitely be posting pics once this one is done. It's getting a dual layer gunkote finish.

As far as I can tell, I can spray the white on first, then after it is dry but not baked, tape off the stencils for a symbol and then spray the red on, then bake.

But I do need that long handle. I have some osage orange drying, but that's gonna be another 8 months. and my ipe stock that's thick enough isn't long enough. I'd have to laminate that up out of the 3/4 x 2 stock, which is no fun with ipe.

I'll definitely be posting pics once this one is done. It's getting a dual layer gunkote finish.

As far as I can tell, I can spray the white on first, then after it is dry but not baked, tape off the stencils for a symbol and then spray the red on, then bake.

But I do need that long handle. I have some osage orange drying, but that's gonna be another 8 months. and my ipe stock that's thick enough isn't long enough. I'd have to laminate that up out of the 3/4 x 2 stock, which is no fun with ipe.

if you have any questions on refinishing let me know....I can help....on metal....I do firearms.....

Doesn't vector have some of those?

He has long ones and they're nice, but I think they all have Trail Hawks on them. I'd like to see a long wood-finished handle, especially with a Norse Hawk. I think it would make a great intermediate version of the recent pole-axe mod, like the one you did (and I copied :eek: :))

I'd like to see a long wood-finished handle, especially with a Norse Hawk.

I'm just waiting for whenever CS finally comes around to adapt their polypropylene into hafts for their stuff.

Now that sounds like a good idea.:thumbup: Not traditional so to speak but there would be a place for it for sure.

Back