Does anyone use insoles for Plantar Faciites? If so, are they helpful and which make

I have tried only one kind I can't recall the brand they stop before the ball of your foot and are all blue, do not buy these they are terrible. I have been using my normal insoles and wrapping my instep with a ACE type bandage and it has been helping. I am sorry you have this it can be quite painful .

I had horrible issues with Plantar Faciitis that I thought would never end. I tried every exercise and two different podiatrists. I could barely walk for more than a year. What finally fixed me was New Balance IUSA3810 insoles. They used to be called "Ultra Arch" and you'll still find them called that on Google. I have them in all my shoes. Most of mine came from that auction site, but that river website carries them too. To me, they were a miracle cure!. Hope they work as well for you! :)

Yes, insoles definitely help. But I don't have a favorite brand or model, just whatever seems to have the strongest arch. I've bought ProFoot, Dr. Scholl's, and others.

I also use arch support as a criteria for shoe shopping. Some shoes have pretty good arches and I don't use inserts with those.

Long-term, I think it's the stretching that's helped more than anything.

I had Plantar Fasciitis for several weeks before I actually went to the doctor and got it checked out. The pain got so bad that I couldn't stand it anymore.

He gave me (or should I say sold me) a pair of these along with some pills but I don't remember the name of the pills. Some kind of anti inflammatory. I can't be 100% certain if it was the pills or these insoles but my Plantars is gone and has been for over two years. It cleared up about three days after my visit to the doctor. I keep going back and buying these insoles when the old ones wear out. My doctor's office charges an even $40 for them.

Sorry for the less than stellar photos.

I have had great success with the ProArch supports from Footsmart. I have the 3/4 insoles in all my shoes and at about $20.00 a pair they are much less expensive than some of the competitors on the market.
They appear to be something approaching frn, have a foam and cloth covering, and last practically forever. Limped around for nearly a year before I found these, condition improved dramatically in about a month,
and has been gone for about 10 yrs.

Find a vendor with a Dr. Scholl's Foot Mapper machine. Use it and buy what the results recommend. Since doing that about two years ago, I've not had a bit of a problem.. Within two days I had no pain, and it hasn't returned since.

Good stuff guys, thanks! Going to start out cheap with these Dr Scholl's Active Series and work my way up as needed! Lots of good reviews out there with the Powerstep and Superfeet being the best! thanks again

I had a lot of pain with pf...what did help was getting brooks running sneakers for a while. They were almost 200 dollars but they really did help....the insoles didn't do anything.....what really solved the problem was I lost a lot of weight....that actually fixed the problem.....I don't know if you have a weight issue but it might be something to consider if u do....ryan

Ice, stretching and New Balance MOTION CONTROL shoes. Not "cushioning"...motion control.

Back