Does anyone

know if there is someone that can replace a blade on an old schrade knife? I just got 2 on Ebay and one had the tip broken off.

The answer to your question requires more information. First what is the tang marking on the knife. Second what is the model if it is a current model Schrade will either repair the knife or replace it usually I have found at a nominal cost ( or sometimes free ). If it is an older knife and of a style ( pattern) still being marketed they will offer the substitution. However the tang marking may be newer than the one on your original piece. If your knife is no longer of a pattern being sold or if you wish a blade with the ( original) older tang markings 1904-1946 ( Schrade Cut Co Walden NY ) 1946-1973 ( Schrade Walden or Schrade Walden NY USA ) you are out of luck, or If your knife is an automatic they will not touch it and have not made ( automatics ) since the mid 50 tys. Your other option is to have the knife retipped ( if that is applicable to the problem.) Or to find a similiar knife and try to combine the two. Any custom knifemaker or even jeweler can usually help depending on the problem. Once again the first step to determine the direction to take is to identify the marking ( for age ) the style ( there may be a number on the obverse side of the blade) or else a simple description ( size closed, number of blades, handle material ect.) should be enough to determine what it is. Any markings on the shield or blade or handle. If you have this info I would be glad to help out if I can (at least to advise which option might be the best way to go.} that is if you would want me to. I hope this helps. Lt

I'll get back to you on this they should arrive this week. They are both the large 2 blade hunting folder and I haven't seen them around for a couple of years.

is it says Schrade Walden NY USA 250T on the clip point blade. The tip is pretty much mangled up so it probably can't be retipped, any idea on how to get a replacement blade of this pattern?

Your knife with that tang marking was made after 1959 and no later than 1973. The actual marking on your knife should be 125OT. The OT stands for Old Timer. Even though it is confusing especially when as in your case you can only see two digits of the model. Sometimes people believe the letter O is really the number zero. It is however the letter. The handles of your knife should be saw cut delrin, ( the standard material used on this line of knives.) There should be a shield on this knife handle with OLD TIMER on it. This model number was unusual in that it was used for a single blade with liner lock ( mustang ) as well as the 2 bladed version ( no lock ) that you have. Both 5,1/4" closed. The 2 bladed version was discontinued first and I believe the single blade version has now also been dropped from production. The knife you have is carbon steel. Schrade has made some ltd editions over the years which used this pattern however I believe they were in stainless steel ( designated Schrade+ ).

What this means is that since it is out of production, the tang marking is not current, and the blade material is not presently being used for any other knives of this pattern, a replacment of any kind from Schrade would be highly unlikely. However as nice a knife as this pattern was, it is not especially rare nor is it very expensive. They are on ebay all the time 20 to 40 dollars ( sometimes less ). Unless you did the repair yourself it would cost far more to have it redone than just to wait for another one to come around. Sorry I could not be of further help. Good luck Lt

Thanks for the reply and all the info. I got 2 for less than 35.00 so I guess I'll just purchase another one.

We might be able to replace the blade, but we could not guarantee the
replacemnt blade would read Schrade Walden. If that doesn't matter to you we can take alook at the knife and see if thier is anything we could do.

Thanks, do I just send it to Schrade or is there some type of form I need to fill out?

Hi Fred A,

Are you the Fred A... from Hitchcock Texas that we send Firesteels to ?

If so please send me an email ASAP.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Back