Does Emerson rig their online custom knife lotteries?

I've heard rumours from a couple of Emerson collectors that Emerson rigs their online custom lotteries to favour certain people/dealers .

I have noticed that people Ernie 'knows' seem to win an awful lot .

Just wondering if anyone can substantiate?

Last edited:
I saw that you "liked" my post in Factor's old Emerson thread where I stated this very thing, and presume that's what led you to make this post. I will be quick because I'm heading out for a weekend trip, but the first question to ask yourself is: Would Ernbag Emerson come in here and admit to it if it were true? We all know that he wouldn't. Why would he? If people at large suddenly got wind of the understanding that if they aren't USN royalty or known by the USN royalty/incrowd, that there was a significantly nearly non-existent chance their names would be called? They wouldn't enter them in the thousands that they do. So no, EE won't ever admit that these things are rigged. If his lordship "Sir" Ernie even deigns to grace us with his "royal Knightly presence", he'll come in and deny it, and then post some condescending nonsense about whoever made that claim* and then make another advertisement for some product or class of his and bounce. Then they'll talk shit about us (as usual) over at his house on the USN.

Anyway.

The answer to your question is simple: if you are A. even passingly decent at math (specifically statistics), B. have attended any of the online lotteries, and C. have been a member of USN for any length of time and surfed around and seen some of the collection threads...then you have your answer. I have. And after I'd surfed around, I had questions. Questions like:

1. In the last online auction I personally attended (by watching the Youtube video), why did the person who unfolded the name paper keep stepping out of the frame, only to come back in, give the unfolded paper to Ernie to read? This happened several times (again, direct witness) and each time, the name was "an old friend" of Ernie's. Huh, ok. That's definitely not shady at all.
2. Can anyone explain how in a lottery that's totally above board, transparent, and honest, a husband AND HIS WIFE (and yep, who are old friends of Ernie's) both happened to win a knife? Trust me, the math is hilarious. Husband and wife...both greeted warmly as old friends by Ernie....out of thousands of people's names crammed in that little rotator bin? Hmmmmm....hope they bought some lottery tickets, with that kind of luck, I bet they're very rich now. I'm sure it totally couldn't be because Ernie only reached into one very specific spot in that ticket bin and drew every single name from the specific area. The area which didn't move at all when they cranked the stuffed bin. LOL
3. Several USN royalty members have significant collections of Emerson Customs, and have stated that they have won "several" in auctions. Again, statistically....I mean, what? Out of however many thousands of people are all joining up (because who wouldn't attend a lottery where they were guaranteed a few grand in their pocket as soon as they turn away from the table?), the same people keep winning? Man, telling you, lottery tickets. Strike it big, be HUGE rich with that sort of statistical luck.
4. I was a member of both private Emerson groups on FB (before leaving because I was tired of the huge hypocrisy and inner circle bro-deals) and saw more of the same. People winning knives in the lottery and golly gee (snaps fingers) they are also the people who happen to be original members of those boards, and people with huge Emerson collections who have claimed to win several customs. (Even more amusing is all the comments over on the Facebook pages like "WHAT? DUDE WON ANOTHER ONE?! HE ALWAYS WINS!" that the mods would delete right after the lotteries ended. LOL Gotta keep that ish on the downlow.

I'll end this with a statement that I HAVE seen people who aren't even USN members win at his lotteries. I think it's because they try obfuscate the fact that rigging in the favor of the USN elite and/or Ernie's personal friends happens, so if anyone questions, they can be like "SEE??? This random guy from Kansas or Nebraska totally won!!!" and make it seem like sour grapes. I am sure his fanbase will be in here and cast aspersion on my statements, above, but that's ok. I don't care either way, because I'm completely out of the Emerson game, and haven't logged in on USN in ages. I know what I've seen, and the math doesn't lie. Also, I have other information, that, same as I said in that other thread, I won't share because it would essentially out those folks who are still in that circle. That's not my place to do that, so I won't. Do they rig these lotteries? Absolutely.

Anyway, good luck with it all. I'm headed on a brewery tour.

* It's probably evident at this point that I'm not concerned with what EE or his fanbroohhhhs would think about me in the slightest.

I saw that you "liked" my post in Factor's old Emerson thread where I stated this very thing, and presume that's what led you to make this post. I will be quick because I'm heading out for a weekend trip, but the first question to ask yourself is: Would Ernbag Emerson come in here and admit to it if it were true? We all know that he wouldn't. Why would he? If people at large suddenly got wind of the understanding that if they aren't USN royalty or known by the USN royalty/incrowd, that there was a significantly nearly non-existent chance their names would be called? They wouldn't enter them in the thousands that they do. So no, EE won't ever admit that these things are rigged. If his lordship "Sir" Ernie even deigns to grace us with his "royal Knightly presence", he'll come in and deny it, and then post some condescending nonsense about whoever made that claim* and then make another advertisement for some product or class of his and bounce. Then they'll talk shit about us (as usual) over at his house on the USN.

Anyway.

The answer to your question is simple: if you are A. even passingly decent at math (specifically statistics), B. have attended any of the online lotteries, and C. have been a member of USN for any length of time and surfed around and seen some of the collection threads...then you have your answer. I have. And after I'd surfed around, I had questions. Questions like:

1. In the last online auction I personally attended (by watching the Youtube video), why did the person who unfolded the name paper keep stepping out of the frame, only to come back in, give the unfolded paper to Ernie to read? This happened several times (again, direct witness) and each time, the name was "an old friend" of Ernie's. Huh, ok. That's definitely not shady at all.
2. Can anyone explain how in a lottery that's totally above board, transparent, and honest, a husband AND HIS WIFE (and yep, who are old friends of Ernie's) both happened to win a knife? Trust me, the math is hilarious. Husband and wife...both greeted warmly as old friends by Ernie....out of thousands of people's names crammed in that little rotator bin? Hmmmmm....hope they bought some lottery tickets, with that kind of luck, I bet they're very rich now. I'm sure it totally couldn't be because Ernie only reached into one very specific spot in that ticket bin and drew every single name from the specific area. The area which didn't move at all when they cranked the stuffed bin. LOL
3. Several USN royalty members have significant collections of Emerson Customs, and have stated that they have won "several" in auctions. Again, statistically....I mean, what? Out of however many thousands of people are all joining up (because who wouldn't attend a lottery where they were guaranteed a few grand in their pocket as soon as they turn away from the table?), the same people keep winning? Man, telling you, lottery tickets. Strike it big, be HUGE rich with that sort of statistical luck.
4. I was a member of both private Emerson groups on FB (before leaving because I was tired of the huge hypocrisy and inner circle bro-deals) and saw more of the same. People winning knives in the lottery and golly gee (snaps fingers) they are also the people who happen to be original members of those boards, and people with huge Emerson collections who have claimed to win several customs. (Even more amusing is all the comments over on the Facebook pages like "WHAT? DUDE WON ANOTHER ONE?! HE ALWAYS WINS!" that the mods would delete right after the lotteries ended. LOL Gotta keep that ish on the downlow.

I'll end this with a statement that I HAVE seen people who aren't even USN members win at his lotteries. I think it's because they try obfuscate the fact that rigging in the favor of the USN elite and/or Ernie's personal friends happens, so if anyone questions, they can be like "SEE??? This random guy from Kansas or Nebraska totally won!!!" and make it seem like sour grapes. I am sure his fanbase will be in here and cast aspersion on my statements, above, but that's ok. I don't care either way, because I'm completely out of the Emerson game, and haven't logged in on USN in ages. I know what I've seen, and the math doesn't lie. Also, I have other information, that, same as I said in that other thread, I won't share because it would essentially out those folks who are still in that circle. That's not my place to do that, so I won't. Do they rig these lotteries? Absolutely.

* It's probably evident at this point that I'm not concerned with what EE or his fanbroohhhhs would think about me in the slightest.
All good points but then the biggest question becomes how many people enter the lottery?

If the only people buying the tickets are his rabid fans and friends then only those people will win.

I looked at their custom auctions and while I was born at night I'm not paying for a chance to buy a knife. I'll just buy a knife.

You have to pay to be in the auction?
Pay to play for those knives. Just a tap on Wiki and it says revenue there is 10 mil.

I wonder how it does for managing flipping.

Yeah when I looked you will need to be a member of the collectors association. Not sure about the green forums auctions if you have to pay to get in the door also. Probably.

Anyway.

Great reply. There's never been an honest bone in EE's body. I put him and his company right up there with Strider.

Having owned some Emersons, I can't imagine feeling like I "won" getting one in an auction. Subpar steel, bad fit and finish, and far too expensive for what you get. I'll stick with most any other decent brand.

Back