Does this folder exist?

'cause I can't seem to find one that suits my fancy.

Slim handle design for pocket carry.(<3/8" wide)

~4" closed (no bigger)

no serrations

ambidextrous thumb studs

lockback, or some lock besides linerlock, I don't trust them.

supergood steel

fast opening

with a handle design incorporating finger grooves or some other positive way to keep you fingers off the blade

no (permanent) pocket clip

I looked at that one, but the site said it was huge.

Edit:eek:ther sites confirmed the syderco police as being huge.

I looked at the small CRKT pointguards online but again it seems to be a linerlock and I heard some bad things about the quality.

Benchmade 940, maybe? The 940 meets a couple of your criteria; slim, good steel, ambi thumbstuds, removeable pocket clip and the super fast opening/closing axis lock.

Benchmade 530 (440C is supergood)

Chesapeake Tool Random Leek (S30V, frame lock)

late addition - Camillus EDC (154CM, frame lock)

Spyderco Native in S30V steel! Just a tad over your 3/8" thick requirement, but it makes up for that by not having those pesky thumbstuds that get hung-up/snagged in your pockets. :D

Originally posted by trains are bad
Wow I was seeing sites claim it to be 5+ inches long closed.

Yeah, I have to assume that's a typo on VW's part. It's well over 5 inches closed.

oops... yep, thats a typo.. making a lot of typing error's lately... 5 5/16" closed

endura is 4 13/16" closed, not super steel though 6a is very corrosion resistant.

Originally posted by trains are bad
Too big (4.5" closed)

4.2" closed

Both look fantastic though. I want to feel them! (internet shopping sucks)

Just out of curiosity:

1. Are you a leftie?

2. Why the strict limit on closed size? Having in mind that it's the blade length that could get one into trouble.

You might want to take a look at the Kershaw Leek. Meets most your requirements sans the finger grooves...

Originally posted by psdrew
You might want to take a look at the Kershaw Leek. Meets most your requirements sans the finger grooves...

Actually, the leek has three sets of finger grooves - they're not visible in most photos though.

Originally posted by dogplasma
Actually, the leek has three sets of finger grooves - they're not visible in most photos though.

...but it is assited opening (not sure I like that-complicated) and a linerlock (or similar)

Hmmm... having owned one for some time, I must have missed something...:confused:

ker1660.jpg

don't write off linerlocks. there are many rock-solid reliable knives that are linerlocks. that would be like me writing off axis locks just cuz a few have disengaged them while switching grips in combat training.

Back