Dog Bag

OK, I admit it. I have a 4 lb yorkshire terrier and think it is a neat dog. The only trouble is that I can walk a lot further than he can (what do you want, he only has 6" legs). I'm looking for a either a small backpack or Maxipedition type bag that I can just put him into if he gets too tired. Something that doesn't look like a dog carrier.

I have a dedicated dog carrier and have seen the backpack type carriers but don't like them at all. My dog is about 14" long (head to base of the tail) and 4" wide so I really don't need a backpack that is 15" deep.

Can anyone think of something.

Get a harness for him and hang him on a fake gold pimp chain.

Seriously though, I bet he would fit in pretty much any bag that you find like a messenger bag such as a Timbuk bags or a Maxped versi.

A backpack that breathes is probably going to be your best option if you don't want one of those doggie carrier purses the Paparazzi ladies use.

A proper trained Yorki is the only foofoo dog I like. They will act like a normal Terrier if you treat them like one. My wifes was a good watch dog. Always let me know when someone was at the door before my other dog. He was the brain the shepard was the brawn. But I agree most any bag will work. But you want it so it can keep it's head out? Look at the Collosus. That way you can swing the dog to the front and back???

where are you lookin to have the dog when you carry? like on your back like back pack? slung across the back like a messenger bag? or under your arm (please forgive me its the only way to easily explain the posision) like a p*rse? i like yorkies. had one named buster who was a nasty dread locked rat killer.

i think one of those county comm bug out bags might work well. somtimes thick material - although it doesnt breath well- is very stiff and that helps with air flow into the bag.

Here's what my daughter uses for her Maltese.

louis-vuitton-dog-carrier.jpg

I think the little dog would be happiest in this, so his head sticks out and he can look around freely.
DogBagVincentSmallImage.jpg

where are you lookin to have the dog when you carry? like on your back like back pack? slung across the back like a messenger bag? or under your arm (please forgive me its the only way to easily explain the posision) like a p*rse? i like yorkies. had one named buster who was a nasty dread locked rat killer.

I really don't care if it is a messenger bag or a backpack but not one of the front carries. Ironmike66 got it right, I'm looking for a "macho bag for my foo foo dog". It is important that the dog be able to breathe but I don't want a 3000 ci backpack or a overly large messenger bag, just something large enough for the dog and maybe a bottle of water.

Back