Doggy Pics:

Very cool TKC. :p
I can honestly say I've only spoken to one other Shiba owner. Is Kirby very head strong and arrogant or is it just my Shiba? :D And have you ever walked him off-leash? I've had professional dog trainers tell me it's impossible or too risky.

I currently have two Lhasa Apso dogs, Willy and DJ.

This is Willy - he will be 9 in September.

Willy120905.jpg

This is DJ - he will be 8 in October. Willy and DJ are full brothers, one year apart.

DJ120905.jpg

This other little munchkin is my new little girl and her name is Sophie and she is also a Lhasa Apso. She was 4 months old in this picture. Sophie hails from Canada. She is 8 months old and I am flying to Portland OR on the 19th to get her and fly her back. There is a major dog show that weekend, so the Canadian breeder will be there. I can't wait to get her! I am supposed to get a new picture of her tonight, but haven't received it yet.

Sophie2.jpg

Dogs are the best thing to ever grace our lives. They truly ARE Man's Best Friend. (Man = Man/Woman)

Judy

My wife and I are on the list with a breeder to get a mini Australian Labradoodle soon.

"Breeder" HAHAHAHAHA! You do know that "Australian Labradoodle" is just code for REALLY EXPENSIVE MUTT. Let me emphasize that last word....MUTT.;) :D

"Breeder" HAHAHAHAHA! You do know that "Australian Labradoodle" is just code for REALLY EXPENSIVE MUTT. Let me emphasize that last word....MUTT.;) :D

And if anyone knows Mutts, It's MONGO!!!! And he's absolutely correct that a labradoodle is a mutt. They are calling them designer breeds. Yeah, right. Go to the pound and you can pick yourself up many designer breeds.

Judy

Here's Lacey Mae, a deaf pittie rescue, cute and very sweet. Loads of energy!

LaceyMae.jpg

Meet Zeiss!

Looking cute…
zeiss018zb2.jpg

A very young man…
zeiss9weeks039ke2.jpg

Mr. Bad Attitude…
zeiss7ka0.jpg

Another one of my bulldog. I am her fourth caretaker. It is pretty clear she was abused somewhere along the line. When I first got her, if I had so much as a pencil in my hand when I went to pet her, she would run for cover. If I had any visitors, she would hide out in the shower stall.

Now she is much more adjusted and socialized. She is still skitish of loud noises, but she will beg butt rubs from anyone who comes in the house. :D

imgp1166mediumtm2.jpg

What a great rescue! She looks like a sweetie. Glad you were able to re-socialize her. Give her a little butt rub for me!
judy

Ok will do.

She still isn't 100% to how most Bulldogs behave, which are very social and happiest when they are snoring right next to you. She still requires quite a bit of alone time, but she comes into the people rooms when she is ready. :)

Ok will do.

She still isn't 100% to how most Bulldogs behave, which are very social and happiest when they are snoring right next to you. She still requires quite a bit of alone time, but she comes into the people rooms when she is ready. :)

at least she is to the point of coming into the room and accepting attention.

bulldogs are so cute. wish i had one

heres my two, buca a 2 year old chinese shar-pei and cookie an 8 year old , old english bulldog

girls008.jpg

cookie.jpg

at least she is to the point of coming into the room and accepting attention.

bulldogs are so cute. wish i had one

I agree, but then I may be a bit biased. They have a remarkable variety of facial exressions, and the breed's general personality is as warm as fresh apple pie.

They are pretty smart, but are very much a "what is in it for me" type dog for training. They usually love to play, but can overheat quickly and tire rapidly...too much body building I guess. :p

Most dogs need human contact, but bulldogs really get depressed without lots of love.

Just like all breeds with shortened noses, they have breathing problems and snore like a freight train. Nothing says a dog is content like a roaring snore while you are watching TV, not so cute when you are trying to sleep though. :rolleyes:

They can get skin problems, especially in the skin folds, so you got to keep up on taking care of that.

They have a shorter life span, so pass on way to early. :(

Two pics of my dog taken today. Her name is Maisy and she is an English Bull-Terrier/ Staffordshire Bull-Terrier cross !
Saanichinlet027.jpg

Saanichinlet035.jpg

I agree, but then I may be a bit biased. They have a remarkable variety of facial exressions, and the breed's general personality is as warm as fresh apple pie.

They are pretty smart, but are very much a "what is in it for me" type dog for training. They usually love to play, but can overheat quickly and tire rapidly...too much body building I guess. :p

Most dogs need human contact, but bulldogs really get depressed without lots of love.

Just like all breeds with shortened noses, they have breathing problems and snore like a freight train. Nothing says a dog is content like a roaring snore while you are watching TV, not so cute when you are trying to sleep though. :rolleyes:

They can get skin problems, especially in the skin folds, so you got to keep up on taking care of that.

They have a shorter life span, so pass on way to early. :(

very true. my dog Amy snores alot. she's more boxer though.

kinda like that one petsmart commercial with the two bulldogs, so adorable!

These posts are great! I couldn't help myself, I'm posting again, this time you see Murray's sister, Cleo. She's 12 months old and is a cheeky, but very adorable girl. Murray beats her a lot though, as big brothers tend to do to little sisters :)

m&c.jpg

The very rare red healer breed. We have these in Australia, of course. They usually carry bags of medicinal herbs around their necks. Much prized by our local Aborigines.

Take no notice of me, I'm just jealous because I haven't had a dog for about 6 years.

Cheers, Acolyte.

Back