Dogs & Stuff (Formerly Doodle rides Shotgun)

On March 18th, we waded through some ice melt along the shore of Lake Nipissing in the sunshine out onto the frozen bay - love to watch a storm coming off the water or across the prairies. Daisy is wearing her walkie talkie :cool:

IMG_20230318_162938943_BURST007 DAISY DOCKS STORM  OVER BAY 650 MED.jpg

Staying ahead of the wind-blown snow .. still casting a shadow as we head for shore

IMG_20230318_163221433 DAISY RUNS SUN AHEAD OF STORM 650 MED.jpg

Just as the wind caught us

IMG_20230318_163242759 DAISY STORM APPROACHES OVER BAY 650 MED.jpg

Last edited:
Whenever the Saint Bernard takes over the Poodle - when the fur takes over.

The 15th is our last day at the cabin for this over winter stay. Yikes! ... yes, my optimism about the weather strikes again :rolleyes:, landscape is still snow-covered ... so Daisy and I are packing up for another summer of camping. For Daisy, this means the 'Spring clip' - no burrs, no tats, no drying time for my woods dog ... and better tick detection just in case.

Miss compliant actually sleeps through a lot of her clip on the couch ... kind of enjoys it (not the face and whiskers). Takes a L O N G time, so sometimes I do 1/4 dog one day, 1/4 the nest - does make for some silly pics. This spring we began at the tail.

IMG_20230403_140349087 DSISY TWO THIRD 650 MED.jpg

Snugged up in her sweater until she acclimatized ...

IMG_20230405_181939496 DAISY SWEATER 650 MED.jpg

Ah yes, free from all that fur - whew!

IMG_20230409_163134166~2 DAISY FLIP 650 MED.jpg

Sorry to be missing the pics of the cutie napping earlier ... gosh, I wanted to know your name too 🐾🐾

Hope you and Daisy have a good Spring, has to be nice to get off the snow. Brie has been with us for two years and is quite the Doodle. She doesn't get off leash very often and we wanted to give her a little adventure. Not far from the house is a short walk in a creek bed to some nice Dinosaur tracks, Brie loved it. The Border Collie came out, wet, muddy and happy. That was Tuesday, Wednesday she was due for grooming, tomboy to princess. LOL

IMG_4874.JPGIMG_4881.JPG

Wow! Brie ... two different dogs in one, but always those big brown eyes 🐾 🐾

Thanks for Spring wishes for us. We are In the midst of packing 'cabin' stuff away in storage and attempting to fit camp gear into suv for season - we leave tomorrow. Yikes ... better get cracking 😄

Well, next spring my 'weather optimism' will be highly suspect... maybe camping April 15 is just way too early here in Ontario? 2 sunny 🌞 but cold days so far out of 11 all rain or rain/snow - today and tomorrow sunny perhaps but cold followed by 6 with rain forecast.

On the light side, here's a pic of Daisy my fellow traveler.

Long legged Doodle at rest ... no harness or seatbelt - not in motion! Note the tray that fits steering wheel is doing double duty by keeping her paws from shifting gears (oh yes, it's happened several times while driving .. before tray 😁).

IMG_20230425_191840861.jpg

Storage box extends passenger seat under her blankets.

Have a great day all !

Daisy is so cute, glad you're having a great trip.

We just got back from a local reservoir, Brie loves going for a swim. She's 2 1/2 and would not swim until 6 months ago, she just went in and that was that.IMG_5173.JPGIMG_5175.JPGIMG_5176.JPG

Last edited:
Must say how wonderfully cool (wet) and happy Brie looks having found her love for water 🐾

.... especially as we are just now taking a water & shade break under a tree at the side of the highway in Saskatchewan! 🌞

Last edited:
Screen-Shot-2023-12-12-at-9-35-01.png

Winter is being kind to us so far in this region ... light snowfall and mild temps for Northern Ontario.

So how is the season treating you and your dog ?

You might guess that Daisy is having a blast ... it's her job :rolleyes: [ 6 seconds ]

On New Year's Eve so many skaters took to the ice on the lake - and the next day the entire lake is a series of villages with all the ice huts.

Here at the cabin we have a front row seat of all the action, whether it be the snowmobiles hauling fishers back and forth to huts ... or new huts being launched as this clip shows. [ 18 seconds ]

Last edited:
Collieball for Brie ... Now I am curious! Does Brie engage with her new toy? Mostly I ask because Daisy shows absolutely no interest in any of the toys offered to her. But recently she did steal an ice hockey ball from one of the kids playing on the bay ... and she just seemed to really enjoy it all by herself. Way too small for my liking though - more like a choking hazard - decidedly not a Collieball 🐾

She really is not that much into it, she'll play for 5 minutes and go get her disc. The CB is very sensitive to temperature, it contracts a lot below 60° F, I'll try it in the Summer. Brie has way too many toys, she favors a couple when in the house. Outside it's all about the disc. Interesting that Daisy focused on that ball, I always wonder what triggers them.

Back