DOM replacement scales anywhere?

Hey guys -

I have a couple Dom models, the clip and wharnie, and wanted to know if there are replacement scales being offered anywhere.

I’d really like some stag or bone on them. The full slab titanium ones I’ve seen just doesn’t do anything for me.

Be nice to have scales offered for the Best Man too.

I’d seen those. I’d like to keep the bolsters though. Those full length scales just don’t appeal to me.

I'd hate to spend that much on them to modify the scales, but you could cut the bolster off. Alternately, Daily Customs could make you a set, probably for the same price.

birdvisknives on IG does an outstanding job. He has done mastodon and (Mount of Olives) olive wood / micarta for me.

You will probably need to send in your knife for whoever does the job as there have been minor changes over time that make each run fit a little different. Although most of that is under the bolster.

birdvisknives on IG does an outstanding job. He has done mastodon and (Mount of Olives) olive wood / micarta for me.

You will probably need to send in your knife for whoever does the job as there have been minor changes over time that make each run fit a little different. Although most of that is under the bolster.

Agreed, that is probably easier that trying to get anything from Europe.

Gerd

He has made custom Lionsteel scales for you? I looked around on his site a bit. His custom knives look very nice.

I’ll bet mastodon would look good for sure.

Back