Don Hanson Brown Lip and Damascus

Jon Brand

Gold Member
I've had this one a while, just was messing with my cell phone and wanted to show some unprofessional images that came out ok. The pearl is better in person. The final image is a very old one from Point Seven photography which shows it better.
IMG_20240306_222047_361.jpg

IMG_20240306_222047_488.jpg

IMG_20240306_222047_541.jpg

IMG_20240306_222047_635.jpg

IMG_20240306_222047_582.jpg

K03944-Hanson-Dan-002.jpg

Looks good. Too bad we no longer see Sunfish Forge knives around here like we used to.

We don't really see anything here anymore. I used to enjoy when collectors would post their collections and discuss world class knives. Sadly in my opinion this has become ALL knife makers, especially those who are not seasoned, and its become quite boring for me as a collector. I miss the days where there was tons of participation and eye candy. Those days are long gone. Now it seems there are more 'makers' then collectors. I think forged in fire was great for the hobby but maybe now too many people are trying their hands at it. Where are the collectors? Weve discussed this here before so i'm just being redundant and rhetorical.

I miss those days, too, Jon. A lot. It was great to post a knife here as a maker and have un-biased critiques by some of the most educated collectors out there.
Those days are gone.
Thanks for posting these.
I'm lucky to be able to call Don my good friend.

I too remember, but my habits have changed. I've only bought two customs in the past year, and way fewer knives than I used to. Part of that was my move to Europe, part was an interest in older Porsche's, and part of it was just a realization that the knives were just sitting there and none of my close friends or family were interested in the hobby.

Picked this up last year at the Solingen show. Italian maker, Loveless pattern, lovely knife. I'll buy something this year also, if for no other reason than to have a keepsake.

4hYKAma.jpg

Back