Don Lozier Customs

Anybody here familiar with Don Lozier's work? Especially his drop point hunters. He's located in Florida and well established but I can't seem to find a website for him or anyone who has seen his work up close.

Any information at all would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if you're the fellow that e-mailed me or not. That was about a couple of Loziers with wood handles, Don's basic knife. A couple with Mammoth just sold in the For Sale Forum.

I've owned quite a few Loziers, still own a couple. Don is an awesome grinder, you've really got to see his deep hollow grinds up close. He's able to do hunters for $200.00 or ornate Daggers engraved and scrimmed by the best that sell for thousands. A very talented guy.

When you get a Lozier you get alot of knife for the money. Tapered tang, dovetailed bolster,perfect grinds. IMHO the way a knife should be made.

I think in POI V, there were alot of Don'rs knives, second only to SRJ.

Win

Here's one of mine that appeared in Blade, I had it engraved by C. Meyer:

standard.jpg

I'm not the one that E-mailed you.

To be honest I bought one of his knives through Arizona Custom Knives yesterday and was just wanting to get some other people's opinion of his work in general.

The one I bought is the drop point blade with Desert Iron wood for scales. It's a little different than most of his knives style-wise. If anyone wants to take a look it listed in the sold knives under Don Lozier's name and is currently the top (upper) picture at http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/displaySold2.asp?aid=190

Don's work has always drawn my attention. His tipped and throated sheaths on his higher end work as well as his knives are very impressive to me. Those sheaths almost fit so well they create a vacuum. Often times you will see Julie Warenski's engraving on his work and that is always an even more impressive combination to me.

I think his mechanics are excellent and he has an interesting hollow-convex grind that he does on some models.

If you like high polish and hollow grinds I think his work is quite good.

Don Lozier does nice work.And his grind lines are very good.Like Win said,if you like clean grinds,tapered tang,dovetailed bolsters,you should not be disappointed in a Lozier knife.

Back