• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

DONE AND GONE TYVM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for sales, but would consider trades for the following with cash added on either side as necessary:
An original Team Gemini with black canvas micarta scales, black canvas Battle Grade Team Gemini, Team Gemini Crusader, Turley, Cohutta, ML Knives, Hobo Forge, Miller Bros., Fiddleback Forge 16” machete or Fiddleback customs, Osprey Knife and Tool, Gossman, Dave Beck, Ed Martin or Newt Martin.

Price as listed is the cost to your door (TYD). These will be cross-listed and time stamps will be used to determine buyer order.

Terms and conditions: Please post an "I'll take it" message to the thread, followed with a Private Message. If you don't have PM privileges, please post your e-mail address in the thread (and delete your e-mail after I respond.) Please don't post an "I'll take it" unless you unequivocally agree to the terms of sale noted in this post. Attempt at payment must be made in good faith within 24 hours of claiming an item or I will move on to next buyer. Prices listed are the cost to your door via UPS Ground. I will pay for signature delivery at your request. Extra insurance also available if you will cover the charges. PayPal, Venmo, or Money Order accepted. No shipment until payment received! I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY SALE FOR ANY REASON.

Contiguous 48 US states buyers preferred, Alaska, Hawaii, and International buyers considered. If you live outside of the lower 48 US states and would like to buy a knife, please contact me directly before posting an "I'll take it."

1. Swamp Rat Mega Swamp Warden
$120 $110 TYD (SOLD)
Mighnight Blue coated SR-101. Comes to you from the first owner (me!) new and unused, with a black Danny the Bull leather sheath. On sale at the official Swamp Rat site now for $118.95 + shipping, or buy from me for $110 with free shipping and a free Danny the Bull sheath.
xSqh6fo.jpg

wD8laNo.jpg

UREsRFr.jpg

2. Busse Combat Forsaken Steel Heart
$500 $485 $450 TYD WITHDRAWN
From Jerry's announcement thread: "INFI allows us to offer the other original clipped point blade design with the much pointier tip! We have now fused the straight clipped blade of "the Steel Heart that got away" (Forsaken) with the all new Nano Fusion handle! Couple this with the CBT (Corrugated Bevel Technology) and you are witnessing the birth of a new, soon to be legendary Busse Combat blade!!!"

This one comes with BIG Satin finished INFI and black G10 scales. Looks to have been resharpened--great edge with a mirror polished finish. I think the previous owned must have used one of the guided systems, like a Wicked Edge or similar. Also comes with a very well-made black kydex sheath (very secure--no rattle) by an unknown maker.
cWFRkMA.jpg

JbPGc3f.jpg

lA3TExR.jpg

3. Busse Combat Team Gemini Light Brigade (knife only)
$525 $500 TYD (TRADED)
This is a "Stripetition" TGLB (stripped and sharpened by AZTimT) with INFI steel and black canvas micarta scales. The scales were bead-blasted to make it grippier. This has been used lightly and shows some slight scuffs on the bevels, but still hair-shaving sharp and has no damage. Maybe THE classic Busse.
5dOKcCZ.jpg

nPANr3h.jpg

4. Patriot leather sheath for Team Gemini Light Brigade (sheath only)
$125 $100 TYD (SOLD)
Dangler-style sheath with crocodile skin inlay. Elastic band around the back of the snap opens the retention strap automatically upon unsnapping so that you don’t accidentally cut the strap when pulling the blade in or out. In excellent, nearly new condition! A work of art.
04Nki4h.jpg

5. Busse Combat SAR 3
$200 TYD (SOLD)

The SAR 3 (pretty sure it's an LE, but not 100% sure it isn't an SE) is factory satin with black paper micarta scales. It's in great shape, but does look like it may have been sharpened (quite well, if so!); otherwise I would have thought it was unused. 0.16" stock thickness on my calipers. Comes with the pictured leather sheath.
BPpBJJn.jpg

BJ7ygyo.jpg

qAfQiPE.jpg

gWqUwa6.jpg

dMqR7mA.jpg

6. Busse Combat SARsquatch and Whiskey Warden w/Modular Chuddy Bear Sheaths
WITHDRAWN
So much to say about this set--and yes please do consider it a set. Selling the whole set for at least a few hundred dollars less than what I have in it. Both blades are made from INFI. The 'Squatch has been reground by Josh of Razor Edge Knives. From previous sale thread:
  • Reground & Satinized <600 grit>
  • Atom-splitting, scary sharp convex edge
  • UNUSED besides testing with copy paper since optimization
  • Black canvas Micarta handles were sandblasted clean and fresh
  • Flared tubes drilled out by Josh & replaced with stainless Torx to make handles removable
It still hasn't been used since the custom work was done, but has a single teeny, tiny spot of discoloration near the swedge on the show side. Otherwise it's in ace shape. Thickness measures 0.18" on my calipers. The handle slabs look to be black linen micarta (edit: according to the last sale thread for this knife, they are canvas, not linen, but the fibers look super tight for canvas as you can see for yourself!) Awesome feel and great pattern.

Whiskey Warden comes as purchased from Busse. In like new condition. I switched the SAR 3 out for this one in the set because I feel like the canvas scales go better with this blade. Great little companion knife that can ride solo in the Chuddy Bear sheath or alongside the 'Squatch.

The sheath is leather from Chuddy Bear and as mentioned above, the Whiskey Warden can go piggyback or solo, while the main rig has a couple extra side kicks that are perfect for survival gear. Someone had asked me if those were part of the original sheath--yes they are, and are sewn in securely. Despite some very minor handling wear, this rig is in excellent condition! Chuddy doesn't take orders any more and Josh's books are closed, so you will never seen another rig like this!
pklS203.jpg

AwbND7V.jpg

5w3nW0E.jpg

VyzboUu.jpg

2N395oK.jpg

2kJTUUQ.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Updated trades to add some items. Would consider the following for trades with cash going in or out: An original Team Gemini with black canvas micarta scales, black canvas Battle Grade Team Gemini, Team Gemini Crusader, Turley, Cohutta, ML Knives, Hobo Forge, Miller Bros., Fiddleback Forge 16” machete or Fiddleback customs, Osprey Knife and Tool, Gossman, Dave Beck, Ed Martin or Newt Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back