"Double Edged" RC4 ?

I've had my old RC-4 a couple years, now I see there's also one with a slightly different blade?
The pics show what they called a "Double Edge" to the front 2" of the 4's blade and looks like less belly.

Who has one of these and how do you like/dislike about it? It might be a little weaker toward the front of the blade, but make it better for piercing/thrusting cuts?

The model you are referring to is the "clip point" version. The chief advantage is indeed improved thrusting/piercing ability.

I don't have one personally, so I would like to hear others' comments as well.

From my time reading this forum though, I have seen that some have used the back edge as a firesteel striker or tender scraper. The limitations seem to be that batoning is more limited (knife eats the baton) and double edged knives are illegal in certain states.

I have two standard RC-4s and love them. Since my knife uses are mostly woods bumming, hiking, camping, utility, etc., the non-clip point suits me better. The CP version is probably better in general for soldiers and LEOs.

I have a 3MIL clip point that I bought specifically to use with my firekit. I've never had the need yet to stab anything and batoning is out of the question with a 3, that's what the 5 is for:D.

It works excellent with a firekit:thumbup:

actually 3's batton just fine the only issue i've had is the blade length is a bit short. i've played with the clip points and like them alot.

cricket

Well,
I'm going to order the clip-point RC4 and see how I like it compared to the "standard" #4.

Might turn out I like the new one even better than the ol' one, which is my most used EDC RAT blade ;)

Same ammount of belly, just an optical illusion. The clip point blades are cool but illegal for me here in Texas so I don't have any.

Back