• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Doug Ritter mini grip

Just got my first Doug Ritter mini grip in today and I'm excited:D. Any tips on where to get some custom scales and a nice deep pocket clip? Feel free to pics of any custom scales you have.

The wilkins scales look awesome and come up for sale in the exchange sometimes. I think the standard grip scales are little lighter in weight and the curvature of the standard scales makes them more comfortable than the wilkins scales. The titanium wilkins scales turn the knife into a tank. Nice to look at, but heavy in pocket for sure.

Standard Reply:

See if anyone offers the service here:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/870-The-Custom-Shop-Services-Offered

If that doesn't yield anything you like, start a thread here:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/871-Wanted-Knifemaker-Craftsman-Related-Services

Spark created those sections specifically for this kind of request. One for the makers to advertise and display their craftsmanship, the other to have members consolidate their requests to a specific area. Good Luck.

There's a thread in the Bench made forum here regarding customized Benchmades. Keyman and DOAT are heavily featured and are both highly recommended. Good luck.

Alan Putnam (bladescales). Love mine. I have the full size grip. They transform the feel of this knife. I love it.

If I did not already have these scales on the knife when I bought it, I would have picked up a set of Keyman scales. He makes amazing scales!!

For a deep carry clip, simply call Benchmade and they will send you them for free!

Be sure to say if you want black or chrome ... or both. ;)

Alan Putnam (bladescales). Love mine. I have the full size grip. They transform the feel of this knife. I love it.

If I did not already have these scales on the knife when I bought it, I would have picked up a set of Keyman scales. He makes amazing scales!!
Thank you very much for the kudos Gizler00!

Keyman does excellent work and is a great guy to deal with. I got some custom scales done for my 707 a year ago and they fit perfect. Unfortunately I have since lost the knife with those scales :( but hey I bought 2 more to replace it but now I'm going to need more scales in the future.

I got a set in OD green from Alan Putnam that I really like.

Keyman makes some really nice ones as well. Been thinking about getting some custom scales from him for another of my Benchmades.

Custom scales on a mini ritter: yes.

"Hmm any experience with igorded or DOAT scales?" yes. And Keyman and Putnam and Wilkins. All do great work. Different. But Great.
15612057324_680a0ed0ab_c.jpg

Thank you very much for the kudos Gizler00!

No Problem! You truly have some amazing skills at making scales. Some of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen have been of your doing. I want to and will eventually get a set from you. Just a matter of trying to pick which ones I like the most!!

Back