DPx H•E•S•T/F...ANNOUNCING THE HEST FOLDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYP

ESEE & DPx are proud to announce that the new DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tool will be made as a folder. We are shooting for pre-Christmas delivery and we have chosen Lion Steel as the shop that will make this long awaited jewel.

As anticipated it will be as sturdy, well thought out and well made as the DPx H•E•S•T, have new features, hand crafted and priced according to our philosophy of rugged, usable, no nonsense knives.

Lion Steel was the maker of the 2010 Blade Most Innovative Folder and as you can see from the Bladeforums threads, Gianni delivers on the quality and innovation. Jeff, Mike and I will keep you in the loop via www.DPxGear.com and post photos, comments and updates as the tool comes to life.

here are some initial specs:

D2 tool steel blade
Solid Titanium frame
G10 Scale
Patented Lion Steel Rotoblock
Massive blade thickness
New built-in tools

The first run 250 will be serialized, come with certificates AND sold directly with some amazing accessories so stay tuned for the announcement of when numbers will be reserved for long time ESEE and RYP fans.

Some of you missed the first run of the DPx H•E•S•T so don't miss out.

I am excited that we are bringing to the market the coolest, most practical, pragmatic, best made and most durable folder I have seen on the market.

Kudos to the team and the customers for making this THE folder to get for Christmas :)

RYP/Jeff/Mike

EDIT:

I'm editing Robert's post so new information remains in the first post of this thread - Jeff

Here is a list of dealers who have pre-ordered the folder (this will be the production run, not the 250 serialized versions. The serialized limited edition models will only be available directly from ESEE/DPx, not the dealer network). We will do our best to get hard pricing to the dealers soon along with rendered photos. Actual shipping for these folders is due in December 2010 but we all know that manufacturing doesn't always go as planned, so we will keep you posted on scheduling updates.

The Knife Connection
Knives Ship Free
Knife Works
Survival Knives LTD (UK)
Knife Supply
Cumberland Knife Works
WestWear (Canada)
Supply Sergeant (Canada)
Sea Air Thai Co., Ltd. (Thailand)
BJH Enterprises
Knife Center
Action Concepts
JB Outman
BlueRidge Knives
Passione per i coltelli (Italy)

INITIAL CONCEPT / FINAL PRODUCT MAY CHANGE

hest02.jpg

DPxCatalogFOLDERPOST.jpg

Last edited:
thank you, RYP! I just finished re-reading the adventurist....after LTK.
I love my HEST a lot...it's not one of the first run knives, but I use it hard and love what functionality you put in it.
now I'll have to get the folder! :)

Awesome, is there a place to see the finished product, or prototype? Looking forward to this, I just recently bought a HEST and love it. Looking forward to other DPx stuff.

Thats great news! Thank you very much for the update.

mmmmm, rotoblock :D

I missed the HEST, but I'm sure not going to miss this one!

This thing sounds super sweet!

Can't wait!

We are extremely excited about this folder. RYP, Gianni and us have been going back and forth on design changes for several weeks now and finally have it nailed down. We are starting the initial production protoypes as we speak.

Also, I don't want to leave out our forum member Tom (Tomso) in this whole deal. He is the guy that made all the design changes and tweaks and put it in the format that we envisioned. We will try to get his renderings up on the site soon so everyone can see what this looks like. We still have to make some small tweaks to the renderings but this is a NICE folder, and is going to be the quality you've come to expect from us.

Last edited:
I fully expect this will be my end-of-the-year-holiday-of-choice present to myself. Can't wait to see it!

It took a lot of work back and forth but this is my dream folder when it comes to a heavy-duty use folding knife. It will become my daily carry.

We are extremely excited about this folder. RYP, Gianni and us have been going back and forth on design changes for several weeks now and finally have it nailed down. We are starting the initial production protoypes as we speak.

Also, I don't want to leave out our forum member Tom in this whole deal. He is the guy that made all the design changes and tweaks and put it in the format that we envisioned. We will try to get his renderings up on the site soon so everyone can see what this looks like. We still have to make some small tweaks to the renderings but this is a NICE folder, and is going to be the quality you've come to expect from us.

Nice one guys, LionSteel is a great choice too :)

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the protos soon.

Congrats to RYP, Mike, Jeff and Tom ;)

Looking forward to this. Now I just have to hope I will be able to buy one when they do come out. As much as I love the snow, I hope it holds off this year so I can work longer.

looking forward to pix or a rendering... and my piggybank would like to know pricing info.

D2 and Ti sounds tasty! :D

a link to Lion and the Rotoblock would be nice.

We should have warranty and pricing worked out by the end of the week, as well as the DPx web site. I can assure you the warranty will be the BEST in the industry though ;)

Tomso will have final photo renderings by the end of the week also and we will get them posted up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back