DPx H•E•S•T/F LE numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunde

Gold Member
I think that some of you may be confusing your DPx Gear order numbers with the numbers that are assigned to DPx H•E•S•T/F LE knives. When you receive the email from info@dpxgear.com that includes a URL for payment, it includes something like http://dpxgear.com/?id=xxx (where "xxx" represents a number such as 123) as its first part, and your invoice, at least when paid via PayPal, also includes this number (such as 123). Linda told me that this is an in-house tracking number (aka invoice number), and not the LE number that is assigned to the knife.

For the two LEs that I ordered and paid for, the in-house tracking numbers were 174 and 230, which were assigned LE numbers 45 and 131, respectively.

In other words, if you assumed, like me, that the order numbers were the LE numbers, don't be surprised if the LE number for the knife (or knives) that you receive is different. In fact, you should expect the LE number to be different.

EDITED TO ADD: Of course, this does not apply to those who originally ordered the LE version, and were able to pick or express a preference for a specific number. It applies to those who purchased the remaining LEs.

Last edited:
This is correct. I originally thought I was going to have knife #173, but after getting clarification from Linda I found out I was assigned #97.

I think that some of you may be confusing your DPx Gear order numbers with the numbers that are assigned to DPx H•E•S•T/F LE knives. When you receive the email from info@dpxgear.com that includes a URL for payment, it includes something like http://dpxgear.com/?id=xxx (where "xxx" represents a number such as 123) as its first part, and your invoice, at least when paid via PayPal, also includes this number (such as 123). Linda told me that this is an in-house tracking number (aka invoice number), and not the LE number that is assigned to the knife.

For the two LEs that I ordered and paid for, the in-house tracking numbers were 174 and 230, which were assigned LE numbers 45 and 131, respectively.

In other words, if you assumed, like me, that the order numbers were the LE numbers, don't be surprised if the LE number for the knife (or knives) that you receive is different. In fact, you should expect the LE number to be different.

I thought you picked what number you wanted when they first went up on the DPx site?

I thought you picked what number you wanted when they first went up on the DPx site?

Those of us that initially ordered did however people on the waiting list are getting whatever is left.

Thanks for pointing out that those who originally ordered the LEs were able to pick their numbers, and this does not apply to them. I am among those who are picking up the proverbial scraps, meaning that we have no control over the number that is assigned to our LE knives.

I will add a note to my original post to clarify this.

Man, I wanted 131 or 13. I settled for #95 and #169. Want to trade 95 (righthand sterile) for 131?

If you used paypal, and the description of your item says "item 147" for example, this is still the tracking number? Or is this the actual number of the knife?

No, that is not the number on the knife, just an in-house tracking number.

How do I know for sure? I have #147 on my knife.:D

I thought I was getting #169 when in fact I'm getting #39 Knife . . .

No, that is not the number on the knife, just an in-house tracking number.

How do I know for sure? I have #147 on my knife.:D

You are right.

I e-mailed DPx gear, and of course got a response very quickly from Linda.

Turns out I am getting number 23 :thumbup:

We should start one of those sticky threads where it shows all the numbers, and people on BF can claim which numbers they own.

My paypal order read:
DPx Hest 239
item# 239

but I guess that's probably not it. Speaking of that, the only confirmation I got was through Paypal. Did anyone get a confirmation from DPX?

Edit: I got #150 RH sterile
and just in case anyone else was wondering the same thing, the paypal receipt is the only confirmation email you need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back