1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 21 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Megatherium, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Dr. Mrs Big Chris

Discussion in 'Big Chris Custom Knives' started by Mrs. Big Chris, May 2, 2019.

1. Mrs. Big Chris

Mrs. Big Chris Moderator Moderator

Nov 21, 2012
    BC just told me that he hasn't posted my big news in here. On April 12, I finally defended my dissertation and I am now a doctor!

It was probably the most anticlimactic thing I have ever done. I presented, answered a few questions, and then stepped out into the hall. About ten minutes later, they came out and said, "Congratulations, Dr. Berry." I have felt lost ever since because I no longer have this paper looming over me.

I am back in the land of the living!

2. Wild Bill 1

Wild Bill 1 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2013
    CONGRATULATION That has to take so much work .A big pat on the back. WB

3. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Congratulations Mrs. B !!!!!

Bill

4. navman

navman Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Congrats doc!

5. SneezySky

SneezySky Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Woohoo, congrats!

6. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Huge congrats! Quite the accomplishment doctor. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Congratulations!!!
    I know Mr Big Chris is proud and relieved :)
    Does that mean now you have a different approach to the cutting competition? ;)

Well deserved ma’am, well deserved

8. Mrs. Big Chris

Mrs. Big Chris Moderator Moderator

Nov 21, 2012
    I had my best competition at Nationals in April. I hadn't cut in almost 6 months. I told Chris that I didn't need to practice. I was just naturally amazing.

9. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Hopefully we’ll hear more about the competitions now that you’re in the land of the living :)

10. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Congrats!!!!

Anticlimactic is ok, when it comes to getting your doctorate!

Could be worse!! They made my dad change the the foot note style on a text book sized book.......after signing off on the foot note style many, many, many times over the years......

New style of footnotes because new computers had more styles available....... his thesis was on an old Epson computer. 5 inch floppies.....and could not be transferred to the new computer operating systems...... he had to retype it on the new computer!!!

11. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012