drilled some holes in my bm 750 handles like Mayo does

it was very easy, used a drill press and a little oil and craftsmen drill bits

piece of cake

i recommend it to any1 if they wanted to know how hard it is to drill thru titanium

This thread is useless w/o pictures:)

Gotta see how it turned out.

Exactly! Without pictures we have no idea if this turned out as well as you think it did, or not. I always like to judge these things for myself.

Alright now this post has purpose. Here's his pics:

750.jpg

750_2.jpg

Looks like a pretty good job to me. Looks cool.

i need to clean it up a bit but it was very easy, just make sure you let the drill bit cool off a little before each hole. i made that mistake on a couple holes

Originally posted by Gonzo_Beyondo
i think you just made a cool knife ugly with a bunch of crooked holes.

As long as he like it, its his knife. The only real problem I see is the marks on the scales around the holes. I am not very familiar with that knife. Is it Ti? If so, you should polish the scales and have it Anodized :)

yes it is Ti

that is my next step to blast it and anodize.

this is a disposable knife for me and i have 3 more of them cause i got them all issued to me for free.

i am new to this and it is my first attempt.

Invest in a countersink, and if it's Ti lots or oil and a slow speed, Ti doesn't conduct heat very well so if the drill bit turns to fast it'll burn the bit, and the next hole won't come out the same.

Originally posted by hardheart
You should also be able to just use the next size larger bit to clean the edges.

Never comes out right, the larger size bit is still a drill and designed to pull it's self into the piece you drilling, also it won't leave a smooth finish, counter sinks are designed completely different they shave the material from the sides of the hole and won't grab into the piece as you push down.

I like it. :)
A little too symmetrical for me but it is a nice finished work.
Plus it shows me what I can do.
Tom

Voodoo , go with T. Elderly and TBG . Get a countersink , polish and anodize . That baby will be sweet :D :cool: .

go with T. Elderly and TBG . Get a countersink , polish and anodize . That baby will be sweet

Ditto!

why would you do that?

To make it lighter! It probably floats it's so light now! :p

What type of bit did you use?

Back