Photos Drop Forged Boot Dagger vs Ring Dagger ! Pic heavy .

The two above are comparable in size and POU .

Overall , I prefer the more conventional Boot Knife . Carries and conceals easier and handles better for my preferred techniques .

Both are high value and great quality for the price . Well designed and strongly built with decent steel . One piece, solid steel . However : It's not a pry bar !

Both are somewhat heavy overall and handle weighted .

With my added red self fusing silicone tape wraps , the point of balance is back ~1" from the blade on the Boot and ~2" on the Ring .

On a pure fighter like these , small to medium daggers , this handle weighted bias is not necessarily a negative . It's not a chopper .

Unlike some daggers , both of these can slice /slash as well as stab . Edges are sharp ! :eek: Points are pointy !

If you are into ring knife styles , the Ring Dagger is worth trying out . Otherwise the Boot Dagger is more practical and easier to master . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Both come with a Ulticlip . I removed it from the Boot Knife sheath .

Unless you clip onto a sturdy belt, boot, or heavy fabric ; the top heavy handle will tend to flop over and around . Didn't work for me .

Overall , I prefer the more conventional Boot Knife . Carries and conceals easier and handles better for my preferred techniques .

Both are high value and great quality for the price . Well designed and strongly built with decent steel . One piece, solid steel . However : It's not a pry bar !

With my added red self fusing silicone tape wraps , the point of balance is back ~1" from the blade on the Boot and ~2" on the Ring .

On a pure fighter like these , small to medium daggers , this handle weighted bias is not necessarily a negative . It's not a chopper .

Unlike some daggers , both of these can slice /slash as well as stab . Edges are sharp ! :eek: Points are pointy !

If you are into ring knife styles , the Ring Dagger is worth trying out . Otherwise the Boot Dagger is more practical and easier to master . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Unless you clip onto a sturdy belt, boot, or heavy fabric ; the top heavy handle will tend to flop over and around . Didn't work for me .
Nice work, thank you for the reviews!

Great minds . . . I put the same tape on my Gerber Mk I. Works well.

Zieg

Back