• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Drop Point Hunter with Stag Handle

This knife has a 4.75" blade forged from W1 drill rod. There is a faint hamon as a result of this steel being shallow hardening but I chose not to polish the blade out and etch it so it really isn't that visible. The guard and buttcap are 416 stainless steel and the handle is Sambar Stag. The handle has a unique curve that fits the hand very nice in my opinion.

The sheath is also made by me from 9oz. leather. It has a basket weave pattern, as you can see in the picture, and is also wet molded so that the blade fits in nice and tight. I'm asking $160 SPF shipped inconus. Preferred method of payment is paypal or money order.

stag1.jpg

stag2.jpg

stag3.jpg

Thanks for looking:)

Last edited:
i must agree ! the whole knife exhibits a 'balance' in form and materials and is instantly attractive.
i hope a hunter buys this one.
roland

Really nice piece! Nice to see another maker putting out a left-handed knife :) (that from a left handed knife maker) :D

Thanks guys for the compliments. Nick, when I first bought this piece of stag I thought it would perfect for a left hand user but several people that handle it who are right handed remarked that it fit their hand really nice as well. In hind sight I should have held off on making the sheath for right handed carry or made it ambidextrous. If its a deal breaker for anyone I can remake another sheath for left handed carry. I can always use practice making sheaths anyways. :)

I'm not much for stag, but WOW....what an amazing piece of work. Congratulations on a job well done. Absolutely stunning work.

Murph

amazed this knife is not sold. it's a 'problem' with us buyers, not the knife.
i'm beyond broke or i would have claimed it at first sight. beautiful knife, steal of a price; but it sits here patiently waiting 'cause we're all broke.
roland

amazed this knife is not sold. it's a 'problem' with us buyers, not the knife.
i'm beyond broke or i would have claimed it at first sight. beautiful knife, steal of a price; but it sits here patiently waiting 'cause we're all broke.
roland

What he said...:(

Somebody save me here. I already have two of Rob's knives and he is working on another one for me. This is a spectacular buy for someone, why it's still available I don't know.

Why is this still here? Really, I want some answers people. No one gets to go home before we figure this out. Johnny, Billy, Fred, do you boys have anything to say about this? I thought not. Ridiculous! :D

For crying out loud, bump this sucker.

If you buy this one you'll buy another one, I did.

If only the handle curved the other way...i want it so bad, but if only my hand would fit it...

Hey Zat, read post #9, then buy it. if it really does not fit i bet Rob will take it back. if he will not, i will buy it from you for the same price.
you can't loose.
roland

Back