Drop Point Trapper

Just wondering if anyone has seen a Trapper with a Drop Point main blade instead of a clip point blade.

I believe the Great Eastern Cutlery #73 Scout and #23 Pioneer are trappers with drop point main blades. The GEC website lists the main blade as drop point for both those models.

My #23 Pioneer
Sheath21.jpg

My #73 Scout
BurnGrizzly2.jpg

BurnGrizzly4.jpg

Here's one with end cap bolsters.
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_store/item34-16277.html

I have the 73 scout in oiled cow bone. It is my first GEC and first slip joint and I LOVE it.
gecnf73alm.jpg

Next will be an ivory Northwoods assuming Canada customs lets it in.

I made a trapper once for someone that wanted a drop point instead of a clip. I made a spare blade in case anyone else would want one. 3 years later I still have it!
Then for a while I got off on a tangent with a wharncliff instead of spey blade. Going back to more with speys since most people like traditional patterns.
Al

I would love a trapper with a drop point and a wharncliffe. I think it would be very versatile. I use my speys but I would prefer a different blade shape.

How thick are those #73 GEC's? It seems like a beefy folder! The more I look at it though, it's probably just because of the wider blades. Eyeballin' the stag!
edit: Damnit! I just sprung for one! It just happened so fast... :confused: :D Thanks a lot agustus, your pics pushed me over the edge.

Last edited:
Back