Dropping Hints For A New ARC.

Christmas is coming. My old SOG Powerlock has seen better days. It's been a workhorse indeed, but the new ones are Chinese and I can't go there. I have a Rebar, but it's as stiff as my ex wife and hurts my fingernails to open the tools. I'm aware of the cutter issues with the new ARC, but think I can work around that as I'll still have the old SOG and Rebar.

I'll have to get a sheath from American Benchcraft because I loathe the cheap nylon Chinese sheath that comes with the ARC. Maybe the Powerlock's American Benchcraft sheath will work.

Other than Gerbers, the new ARC is the only tool I see stamped U.S.A. that I think will hang with me.

I've only got a few weeks so wish me luck!

Last edited:
Check out Skinth sheaths on line. They're made in Canada. You select the options that suit you, then they make it for you. Plan on 5 weeks +/-. T-A

The first few attempts haven't gotten through.

She didn't get it, and said something about how "that old thing will fix anything" speaking about my old SOG.

And, now the ARC is out of stock at knife center... (I haven't really looked anywhere else, yet.)

I'm going to have to re-think my HINT skills....

😁

She didn't get it, and said something about how "that old thing will fix anything" speaking about my old SOG.

And, now the ARC is out of stock at knife center... (I haven't really looked anywhere else, yet.)

😁
What I do is buy it then hand it to her to wrap and put under the tree.. That way you are sure to get the right thing!!!;)
I have 2 knives that will be under the tree this year using that method!!! πŸ‘
John πŸ˜„

😁
After looking at these, I'd suggest rethinking your want skills. I don't see how, under any circumstance, they are worth $230. But horses for courses. If I want something, I don't hint at it for a gift, I just buy the damn thing. ;) I should add, I don't celebrate Xmas or my birthday in regards to getting gifts.

😁

I didn't drop my hints quick enough either and they appear to be out of stock the places I am comfortable dealing with. The Big River doesn't even show them as an option, and truthfully that's where my wife will buy most everything for Christmas. I've got plenty of other knives on my list, and if she goes rogue and buys me a Vic or one of the higher end Gerber's, I won't file for divorce πŸ˜‰

I have a birthday in February, so maybe then. The only fly in that ointment is that my wife also has a birthday in February...6 days before mine ;)

I didn't drop my hints quick enough either and they appear to be out of stock the places I am comfortable dealing with. The Big River doesn't even show them as an option, and truthfully that's where my wife will buy most everything for Christmas. I've got plenty of other knives on my list, and if she goes rogue and buys me a Vic or one of the higher end Gerber's, I won't file for divorce πŸ˜‰

I have a birthday in February, so maybe then. The only fly in that ointment is that my wife also has a birthday in February...6 days before mine ;)

So, she asked the other day what I wanted for Christmas and I went ahead and blurted it out. Whined about the worn out tools on the SOG and everything!

She asked me to order it so as to not be responsible for that.

I ordered it yesterday from Leatherman, nothing said "out of stock" or anything, free shipping. I haven't gotten a tracking number yet, but I'd hurry if you want one by the 25th.

I'll update on the shipping, but can't really review it until after Christmas.

Back