Dual thumb studs

Hey. I've been thinking about sending my small classic back to CRK for an additional thumbstud. Anyone done this? If so, is the knife easier to open? Every other knife I have in this size range has dual studs and I'm used to having my middle finger help push the blade out. Thanks for any insight!

You know I never thought of that dual finger opening until I did send mine back to have the other stud added. Now I can't imagine being without it. Yes, it does help opening, although I didn't have any problems before.

I got mine installed so I could open the knife left handed as well as right. But overall it makes the knife work better AND look better, in my never to be humble opinion... :)

The dual thumb studs are great. I like the fact that I can open and close my Sebenza with both hands, not to mention how balanced and symmetrical it is. Dual thumb studs should be standard, anyone who wanted only one would have to special order.

Have two large Sebenzas with right hand studs. Had wanted to get dual studs, didn't realize it was that easy. What is the turn around time and cost? Would hate to be too long without my EDC, though I suppose I could make do with one of my MT's. Would they also replace a lost main screw at the same time?
Rad

I have a Large Sebenza that I sent back to CRK over a year ago for dual thumbstuds. The option cost only $30, for which you get the additional thumblug, a new swedge cut out of the liner for easy access to the new stud, and a complete cleaning, polishing, bead-blasting, and resharpening of the knife. I live way out in Hawaii, and they had the knife back to me about two weeks after the day I mailed it. Due to the superior design of the Chris Reeve thumblug, I find that openings with my left hand are just as easy as openings with my right (using the thumb only). I agree with Maskwa: the dual thumblugs should be standard equipment on ANY folder, especially one as nice as the Sebenza (hey, my Umfaan came with two!). I definitely encourage every Sebenza owner to go for the dual thumbstud!

Take care,
Fedaykin

Thanks everyone. I'm going to do it. As an aside, I lubed my knife last night and it made an enormous difference. I had assumed that it was right when I got it from the dealer, but a little lube made it a new knife.

Back