1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Duke + Handyman may be my new perfect woods combo

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by rileybassman1, May 16, 2019.

1. rileybassman1

rileybassman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Mailman was good to me today... and I'm thinking that I may have my new favorite woods combo :)

I'm impressed with both of these blades... the duke especially... it is MUCH more nimble then I thought it would be... and much thinner behind the edge (somewhere around .022"-.024" by my measuring) then I thought it would be and bites into wood extremely well. It's a bit large for game prep, tho certainly would work, but it will be a fantastic food prep/woods blade I think... The scandi handyman is excellent as well! Very happy with this combo I think :) After a quick sandpaper/strop touch up, both are hair popping sharp!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Glad you like them and the pics are great too. Looking forward to more

rileybassman1 likes this.
  3. hasco

hasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Great combo and great pics too!

rileybassman1 likes this.
  4. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Thats a great combo. Add a SAK and there isn't much you can't do.