• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Duster/opener sale! Awesome Ti and Beaten Brass!

Are you selling that compass insert separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not yet, but we will be offering it to people that already have compinches as soon as we can iron out a way to make multiple units quickly and efficiently. Right now, I have turned all of the versions we've tested by hand on a manual lathe out of delrin. Time consuming. We tried a copolymer in a silicone mold, but that got bubbles or was too brittle. So looking at a different method. We did the first ones about 2.5 years ago, and they've held up well out of delrin so I would like to find a method of doing them in that material. Probably individual units turned on a turret lathe. Otherwise injection molding some type of plastic.
It is sized for our Compinche and the Brewtal only, so will not fit other makes of dusters unless the finger holes are exactly our measurement.

I like the idea of the compass in the finger ring (as long as it pops out easily). I was thinking about trying to do exactly the same thing with another buster / ring product some time ago.

We filed a provisional patent so we can back-date our patent if we go that route as the method is kind of unique. It does pop out very easily and goes back in just as well. If you look through our Instagram you'll see the photos. Uses a pair of rings, one of which works great as a spacer for people with small fingers. The two then lock together with an o-ring and groove.

We have courted a couple of injection molding places and if we can get the price where we want it we will have them available in the very near future, or cnc production with a turret lathe out of delrin as stated above. Really low key (no pun intended) on a key ring. I've handed it directly to people who know the kinds of things we male and they didn't figure it out...

-Eric
Overmountain Knife and Tool
Overmountain.us.com

Last edited:
If you ordered over the weekend or on Friday I am caught up. They'll go out tomorrow. We will send tracking numbers as soon as they go out.

Thank you to everyone who has used the website. My wife is pleased as that was her pet project and a source of a lot of stress. My free Google Site just wasn't cutting it anymore... Lol.

Thanks. Hopefully I can add to the totals in a day or two. Working with some new equipment to be fully self reliant. In so doing we are able to keep an ongoing supply of a few designs. The tool holder for the Brewtal and upcoming models with hit drive openers will be done soon as well.

Cheers!

-Eric
Overmountain.us.com

Finally all caught up. Have a few left of each. When these are gone, they're gone! To keep them small batch and really unique, we will be doing some different designs as well as getting the tool holders and compass inserts done.

Cheers all, and thank you all for your orders and compliments!

-Eric
Overmountain.us.com

Updated numbers. Probably adding a few Brewtals, but again, this is the last of the Olicheatman we will do in any material. Want to keep it small numbers. To date only about 150 max of any one design without a pretty major change. And likely no more hookers in Ti, at least for a while. Copper and Magnesium next.

I have some belt buckles done. In Ti and Damascus. Just waiting to get them 100% finished and photographed along with respective belts which are also, sorry, backordered a little. Apparently not many offerings out there for a nice 2" high grade plain gunbelt. I will try to get out ahead of that with a few additions as well.

Blades in the works. Finally able to crank out more than one at a time... And hope to update our photos and such on the website as soon as daytime jobs and life slow down.

Cheers!

-Eric
Overmountain.us.com

Got my olicheatman in the mail! It's awesome! Great feel in the hand, looks great & pops a top like nobody's business. Thanks Eric!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who have ordered. We made a few more Ti Brewtals, one Compinche was found and is now available, and the others we still have a few of.

May hold off on fulfilling Blade HQ order if there is still demand here for the Brewtal in Ti and the Olicheatman in Ti... Would you be rather get them to fellow BF'rs than to anyone else.

Still free shipping and still one entry per order into our GAW! Cheers!

-Eric
Overmountain.us.com

Back