Duty/EDC blades used by LEOs/Military?

Just curious if we have former/current LE/military folks here who use Cold Steel knives. For context, I read that the Code 4 was apparently designed with law enforcement in mind (from the official product description).

I retired from Law Enforcement in 2008. I carried a Cold Steel push knife wedged between my magazine holders and my duty belt. Thank God I never had to use it. I also carried a Cold Steel AK-47 lock blade knife in my right front pocket.

The last couple of years I worked before retirement at the end of 2018 I carried a Black Talon II. That was ONE WICKED BLADE. I owned a Spyderco Matriarch II serrated (my BTII was non-serrated) but the BTII was a much stronger and much more confidence inspiring knife. I also have a small Voyager I carried on and off for many years in the pocket, got tired of it, gave it to my wife for garden use, then gave it to her brother, and then got it back after his untimely passing, and it's still a viable carry knife!

I retired from Law Enforcement in 2008. I carried a Cold Steel push knife wedged between my magazine holders and my duty belt. Thank God I never had to use it. I also carried a Cold Steel AK-47 lock blade knife in my right front pocket.

Glad you didn’t have to use it. Never owned push knives, but I can definitely say that the AK-47 is a solid product. The glass breaker makes it an excellent emergency tool as well. My only nitpick is that it was significantly harder to unlock than my other Tri-Ads.

Several marines in my unit carry cold steel folders of various models with the triad lock.

The last couple of years I worked before retirement at the end of 2018 I carried a Black Talon II. That was ONE WICKED BLADE. I owned a Spyderco Matriarch II serrated (my BTII was non-serrated) but the BTII was a much stronger and much more confidence inspiring knife. I also have a small Voyager I carried on and off for many years in the pocket, got tired of it, gave it to my wife for garden use, then gave it to her brother, and then got it back after his untimely passing, and it's still a viable carry knife!

It’s interesting that folders seem to be preferred here. I was expecting more along the lines of fixed blades haha. Thanks for sharing, folks.

Most departments don't allow fixed blades for a variety of reasons and when they do, it's usually a push dagger or has to be a certain size.
Imagine Mr. Blonde has you duct taped to a chair in an abandoned warehouse. If you have any decent knives on your duty belt he now has more than the straight razor in his boot to carve on you with!!!

Back