Dyson Vacuum

I found out I had like 57,000 points on my credit card rewards program.
And yesterday our vacuum dies.

So I redeemed my points for a free Dyson Vacuum the Model DC15

So does anybody have any thoughts on Dyson vacuums? I know I know its retarded to ask AFTER you buy but what the heck. Thoughts?

Thanks

I've never used a Dyson vacuum, but I did read a review on one in Consumer Reports once. They said it was a fairly decent vacuum. The only bad thing I remember reading was that it didn't loose suction, but it didn't have that much to begin with. That's all I know. Hope that helps.

We've had a DC14 animal model for around a year now and it ROCKS!!
I can't say enough kind things about it, put our Oreck, and Hoover to shame.

Hope you have the same luck with yours.
Helle

So does anybody have any thoughts on Dyson vacuums? I know I know its retarded to ask AFTER you buy but what the heck. Thoughts?

Thanks

Wise choice. The Dyson line is the absolute state of the art. Indeed, last year I saw a show about the English Mr. Dyson's invention based on aerondynamics and fluid engineering on The History Channel. Possibly you can find something about it on Google or YouTube.

Last time our vacuums faded, we got one and the only change I might have made would be to get the stronger "pet hair" version.

Let’s see if we can find the right forum …
attachment.php

A friend bought one recently and says it's the best at getting collie hair out of the carpet.

Wife wants a Dyson now too, but I'm not willing to pay that much money as long as our two existing vacuum cleaners are still running OK.

Dyson makes the best vacuum cleaners around. I'll never go back. I even used mine as a fill-in shop vac while building my house, when the old shop vac died. Worked great! Vacuumed up nails, mortar, drywall chunks, wood, etc. Just cleaned it out good afterward, and it works just as good as when I got it.

They're impressive. Very quiet and at least the animal hair versions suck like mad. (in a good way).

Bought one reconditioned on amazon; it's amazing how much dirt,dust and crap my old hoover was leaving behind. Good vacuum!

+1

We had a Phantom Fury, which was a cleanin fool, and brought up a ton of crap that the old Hoover left.

It took a crap, so we splurged on the Dyson.

Amazing what it pulls out of what you believe to be a clean carpet.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Only them from here on out... :thumbup: :cool:

Well the Dyson arrived today. I unboxed it and gave it a whirl. Woot this thing really suck up the dirt!... My carpet was clean and I had to empty the dust bin twice for a quick run through.

Great product. It seems to live up to all the hype.:D:D:D

For those who want to save $100-$150 over a Dyson, check out the Kenmore Progressive that sells for around $300. Works AWESOME, particularly on dog hair, is direct drive, bagless, etc. Great vac and I have two dogs, one a Goldie who sheds like it's going out of style.

The Dyson pet model is without a doubt one of the best engineered products of any type I have experienced.

If it ever breaks (doubtful) its only Dyson from now on.

The only negative is that my wife has long hair and the Dyson is so strong is sucks all these shed hairs out of the carpet and they get twisted around the roller brush. It takes about 5 minutes to clean with a sharp knife :)

The Dyson pet model is without a doubt one of the best engineered products of any type I have experienced.

If it ever breaks (doubtful) its only Dyson from now on.

The only negative is that my wife has long hair and the Dyson is so strong is sucks all these shed hairs out of the carpet and they get twisted around the roller brush. It takes about 5 minutes to clean with a sharp knife :)

Thats the only drawback I've found as well, but its well worth it.

Well, one other. On loose floor rugs, it tends to catch and make this annoying noise. Its a design feature that keeps the workings from destroying themselves when the intake clogs but still... it makes me cringe just a little every time I get to vacuuming my rug too quickly.

I have a DC17 (Animal) model, and it sucks... Quite well!! :D:thumbup: ...Beats the Oreck that was used previously by a wide margin, and I'm always amazed at how much it picks up. Easy to disassemble & clean. Definitely the best vaccuum I've owned so far. :thumbup:

Back