Early South African One Piece, unusual scabbard

I think I posted about this early one-piece a week or 2 ago. Notice the flat edge across the crossguard. I suspect something that came between the MK III and whatever model this became.
The person I got this from was kind enough to bring me the original sheath for it, since it had one that was period correct, but not the one that it came with.
I thought you might enjoy this one. I have seen them with a firestarter, but this is the first I have seen with an EZ Lap diamond sharpener on the side of the sheath. Also noteworthy is how crude the knurling is on the handle. Far more flat than my MK III and later models too. Not very "grippy" at all, but you can see where they were going at the time.
Enjoy.

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

A nice example of the early knives. This one was probably made around late '84 when Chris still made them in his garage. Enjoy!:)

Nice score! I like that sharpener too, I am going to see if I can find one to put in my backpack:)

Wow! That's a rare piece, very well done! Thanks for sharing!

Nick

Great piece. Do you have a pic of the other side? Does it say South Africa?

Great piece... Really like the subdued knurling and those old style butt caps. I have a number of one piece hollow handles, but would trade multiples for just one of the earlier.

Back